Aussies Living Simply

Yarra Valley GTG – CANCELLED!

Home Forums Regional Groups Victoria Yarra Valley GTG – CANCELLED!

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    murphyslaw

Sorry Pam, hope things work out well for you

ma

Pam … I’m so sorry … whatever has happened, I hope you and your family recover quickly.

*gentle hugs*

Chezza
    Participant

Big :hug:z from me, Pam!!

Andre
    Keymaster

:hug: Aww… hope everything turns out for the best there, Pam :hug:

Herbman

:hug: Hope everything works out Pam :hug:

Fatima
    Participant

:hug: I hope things get better for you soon Pam. :hug::hug::hug:

salli

Oh geez I hope you are all ok!

:hug::hug: Thinking of you all xx :hug::hug:

Lolly
    Keymaster

:hug::hug::hug:

Bobbee

:hug::hug::hug:’s for you and yours Tammie dear.

Love and Light,

Bobbee :kiss1: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Tamandco

Okay, well here I am (or rather we are) at Ronald McDonald House of all places.

:jawdrop:

What has happened is my son hasn’t been well this last week or two. Not noticably ill, just strangely thirsty to the point of distress.

He has now been diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes and is at Monash Medical Centre while they are stabilising him and educating us.

My God! How life can change overnight, and what a bloomin’ learning curve.

Anyway, things are starting to sink in a little clearer now but we will be hands on over the next few weeks, at least, until they have his doses and whatever else sorted out. Hence my reason for having to cancel the G2G.

Lolly
    Keymaster

Hi Tam.. :wave:

Get togethers are the last thing to be thinking of at the moment! Good luck with your son’s progress, I’m sure you’ll have it all sorted out in a jiffy. At least that’s the impression I’ve always gotten of you – very practical and very organised!

Here’s a hug though, as I’d say that the shock of finding out that he’s unwell mustn’t have been very pleasant.. :hug:

:hug::hug:

ali_celt

Hugs Tam

My husband was diagnosed with Type1 at age… 10 or 11 i think.

It’s quite doable, even easier I beleive these days than it was back then, with the advent of those (expensive but incredible!) pump packs that you can wear all day which constantly monitor blood sugar levels and constantly adjust insulin to compensate. Even without one of these, testing takes only 5 seconds with a newer monitor (used to take 8 minutes from blood drop to result when he was young!) and insulin is much faster, cleaner and more accurate.

Even without all those benefits, DH managed it with only ONE further hospitalisation – and that was when he was 17 and rebelling and stupid and made a conscious decision NOT to take his insulin.

Nowadays he’s kicking along fine at 36, no dramas at all, no signs of any of those major issues they talk about that can start popping up. It’s all good.

Ali

jaymes

oh Pam, love and strength to you and your family :hug:

darls

Oh… Lotsa :hug: to you and your family, especially your dear boy. Ask as many questions as you can, and try to get into some groups, or even with another family who are in similar boat – sharing is a way to reduce stress and venting out, etc.

Hope all will be sorted out and your boy’s better. Relax and focus on your own family.

:hug:

Kazbah

Oh goodness Pam – what a shock. I help raise money for JDRF and was asked by my mum if I was directly affected, I replied that its close to home for many people, I just wish it wasn’t for you 🙁

I work not too far from Monash Medical if there’s anything I can do to help.

:hug: kaz

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 157 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.