Aussies Living Simply

Yacon

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Sonya

Gardening Aust had them on tonight, so you can catch it tomorrow at 1pm. There are long thin tubers which are the ones you replant and you eat the round potato looking ones.

They are bland, but a nice dressing does wonders. I did a Japanese cooking class recently and you can dress them with soy or tamari and gomashio – which is black and white sesame seeds roasted in a pan with celtic sea salt – crushed in the mortar and pestle – yum.

Sonya

Bubba Louie

I tried to eat the long thin ones. No wonder I didn’t think much of them.:uhoh:

baringapark

Saw it on GA last night. I think I will give them a go too. :tup:

meg53

Missed GA, too busy in the garden. At least I now know to eat the round ones and replant the thin ones. Looking forward to harvesting them now. That recipe sounds delicious Sonya.

Cheers

-Meg

Ggang

I have grown them for 3 years and I am sure that is wrong ! the nobbly ones are the ones you plant and you eat the long thin ones

G

Bubba Louie

Bubba Louie wrote:

I tried to eat the long thin ones. No wonder I didn’t think much of them.:uhoh:

Actually, thinking back, I don’t remember getting any round ones.:|

Ggang

I have grown them and eaten them or 3 years and the nobbly ones are the ones you plant and you eat the long thin ones

G

Bubba Louie

Ggang wrote:

I have grown them and eaten them or 3 years and the nobbly ones are the ones you plant and you eat the long thin ones

G

That’s confusing.

jennifer g

as far as i know it the “nobbly ones” are the smaller rhizomes that are taken off and replanted, the actual tuber is the edible part. Can anyone confirm or correct?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.