Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

?worms in laying hen

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    robannerobanne

Hi

Can anyone help…I have just achook that doesn’t lay at all in the past 6 wks, the other 6 do…if she has worms would that affect her laying? she has runny poo sometimes other than that she is healthy looking

Any thoughts would be great !

Robanne:D

redhen2redhen2

hey robanne. if your chook has roundworm, you may be able to see it in her poo – like thick white string. noice.

i think worms can eventually kill a chook, so it would probably mess with her laying.

you can give the girls garlic and apple cider vinegar (before/during a full moon best because that’s when worms are most active) to help prevent or cure worms. also, mashed carrot.

check for old posts. i know that i’ve asked about this before.

hth kathy

robannerobanne

hey redhen2

thanks…no can’t see anything in her poo, and I do feed the chooks garlic and apple cider vinegar.

Must be just not wanting to lay

Robanne

redhen2redhen2

could just be a moult… it’s normal for them to slow down as the days get shorter.

MargoMargo

I’ve had no eggs for more than a week now – and I have 12 chickens

:(:(:( damn that moult!!

robannerobanne

Thanks everyone

Guess what!… arrived home from work yesterday and amongst all my eggs there was a BLUE/GREEN EGG..she had laid one !!! after 6 wks…she is a Araucana, she had been bullied by a little pekin bantam, which has been fostered out, maybe that was the problem ??

I’m very pleased thought something serious was wrong!!:D:D

Robanne

To keep your chooks healthy put in small amount of condi’s crystals in their drinking water. Do this every time you refresh their water. Add just enough to start to colour the water. Don’t know about the organic aspect of condi’s crystals nor my spelling of it.

sumasia2sumasia2

there is also a mineral supplement that you can put in with your chook feed. not shore of the name but is made by ag solutions it is made up of natural rock minerals ( like rock dust) you only need a tiny amount in the feed also you can put in seaweed meal again only a small amount.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.