Aussies Living Simply

woodenbong – does anyone know it please

Home Forums SIMPLE SUSTAINABLE LIVING Families and the Home woodenbong – does anyone know it please

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    calliecat
    Participant

would like some first hand info if anyone lives near there, or knows of the place,

i know I can get temps from the internet, but want to know first hand the climate, – 23 in Tassie is hot, but 23 elsewhere isn’t etc –

what can grow there, are the roads winding, is it at the bottom or the top, of a mountain, etc,

any markets or craft places – is it big in organics or don’t they care (like here 🙁 )

TIA

Steve
    Keymaster

I have driven through it a few times Calliecat but don’t really know it. It is in amongst some really nice country but it is a very small town and relatively isolated. I doubt there would be too many amenities there and they probably don’t have the population to sustain markets, crafts etc.

There are some winding roads there…. 🙂

Just on a side note, I bet the old ALS site would have called you a potty mouth when you typed Woodenbong. I wrote about Milbong (just outside of Boonah) once and it wouldn’t accept the name. Must be the ‘bong’ part of the name! 😆

BlueWren

Must be a very small place …….it’s not even in my book of Australian place names. :shrug:

Steve
    Keymaster

It’s just over the border into NSW. Here it is on Google Maps:

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Woodenbong+NSW&hl=en&sll=-25.335448,135.745076&sspn=67.145014,100.986328&vpsrc=0&hnear=Woodenbong+New+South+Wales&t=h&z=12&source=gplus-ogsb

Actually you should be able to use street view to check the town out… 🙂

Hummer
    Keymaster

Sounds like something illegal :laugh:

calliecat
    Participant

Steve post=334274 wrote: It’s just over the border into NSW. Here it is on Google Maps:

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Woodenbong+NSW&hl=en&sll=-25.335448,135.745076&sspn=67.145014,100.986328&vpsrc=0&hnear=Woodenbong+New+South+Wales&t=h&z=12&source=gplus-ogsb

Actually you should be able to use street view to check the town out… 🙂

I tried – but it’s not working for me for some reason??/

thanks – did laugh at your ‘potty mouth’ comment :laugh:

also been suggested I look at Stanthorpe, Glen Innes as well

Steve
    Keymaster

Dunno if this link will work or not – if it does it should be street view.

http://g.co/maps/44fgb

This is a screen shot I just took of the main street:

Stanthorpe gets cold! Good wine area though…

BlueWren

Just looked at the pics ………..mmmmmmm,very small, main street only has buildings on one side……but does have a nab branch which surprised me.

Whoops! Steve proves me wrong …….I must have missed some of the pics!

calliecat
    Participant

what you got Steve, is what I can’t get anymore, for some reason, – used to but not anymore 🙁 – no idea why????

bushy

I live sort of near by…. it is pretty isolated and not much happens there, think there may be a bit of banjo music occassionaly,if you get my drift, but nearest civilisation would be Kyogle, drive another 30 mins and ur in Lismore that has a thriving craft/market/creative life style.

The soil off the creek flats is poor and a lot of the country is hilly with scrub.

The roads are below average. The nearest BOM site is prolly Kyogle which will be quite different I think.

Can give u more info if you wish

calliecat
    Participant

that is the kind of info I was looking for – thankyou so much, so Kyogle would be the better option 🙂

thankyou

weaver

Dover might be a better option!!!!

I would love to know the story behind the name.

calliecat
    Participant

weaver post=334299 wrote: Dover might be a better option!!!!

I would love to know the story behind the name.

:laugh: so would I – haven’t forgotten Tassie 🙂

Steve
    Keymaster

This is the streetview link:

http://g.co/maps/44fgb

calliecat
    Participant

now that one I got – thanks 🙂

decided to give it a miss, other places are a better (for me) option 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.