Aussies Living Simply

Wollongong workshop & GTG?

Home Forums HOMEMADE Home Preserving, Food Storage and Stockpiling Wollongong workshop & GTG?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    roadwarrior

Pickling and Preserving Workshop

Saturday 15th October

9.30am – 1:00pm

Wollongong City Council

Burelli St, Wollongong

Come along to this FREE hands on workshop and learn some basic

techniques for turning fresh fruit and vegetables into preserves.

Bookings are essential as places are limited.

To make a booking or for more information

E: iblfscc@wollongong.nsw.gov.au

T: 4227 7494

This workshop is free, and open to residents of Wollongong, Shellharbour and Kiama Council areas.

I’ve sent a few emails to the one listed, and they have both bounced back. I suggest ringing the phone number during business hours to reserve a place.

I’ll be there, and this may be a good opportunity to have an Illawarra GTG (for those who don’t mind listening to me rant about the end of the world). :wave:

bdm6125

Great Find roadwarrior!! I know a few people who would totally LOVE this workshop!!!

starruby

ohhh I would love to have gone and loved to have listened to you rave about the end of the world :laugh: but I have something on that day. If you see this again RW can you please post it ?

Thanks

Sandra

roadwarrior

Sandra,

I’ll keep an eye out. There’s also the Dr Karl talk tonight at Wollongong town hall if you are interested, and also a Futures forum that I’ll post about later, although I think the closing date for applications is Monday next week.

rw

Attached files

CommunitySummitRegistrationForm.pdf (108.2 KB)

roadwarrior

Wollongong Council has been inundated with requests to attend the preserving workshop, and they took too many bookings by mistake. They are now having to hold a second session on Sunday the 16th Oct (which I’m attending), although it sounds like most of those places have gone too!

It’s good to see so many people interested in learning this (almost) lost art.

mistyhollows

RW I had a look at the council’s website and do you know if it’s only for residents of Wollongong, Shellharbour and Kiama councils? The website seemed to imply it was :shrug:

roadwarrior

That’s what I have been told. Considering that it is paid for by the ratepayers of the illawarra, I’m certain they want to restrict it to residents of the area.

It seems a shame that it can’t be for everyone though, especially for people within close driving range in neighbouring shires. But they’ve been booked out even with double the sessions, and I’ve been told there is a long waiting list too, and this is only from local residents.

mistyhollows

I can understand them restricting it to those areas if they are paying for it. Glad to see it’s so popular just wish our council would do something similar 🙁

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.