Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Why do you love ALS? (or what has brought you here)

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up Why do you love ALS? (or what has brought you here)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    VanessaVanessa

Well as the title says, why do you love ALS? (or if you haven’t had a chance to fall in love with ALS yet, what has brought you here, and made you stay and hang around?)

For me I love the fact that it is Australian based….lots of other gardening/permaculture/sustainable living forums I have come across tend to be very American based.

I love that the people here are so friendly and welcoming, and generous (I have received many seeds and plants from ALS members who were either getting rid of their excess, or I had asked if anyone had anything which I couldn’t find in the local nurseries)

I love that through this forum I have made some good friends who I now know outside of this forum.

froot_loopzfroot_loopz

I originally came looking for information on chooks, and stayed

Tassie TigerTassie Tiger

Open, friendly, caring, intelligent, knowledgeable community of people. :tup: :tup:

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Hi Vanessa, nice topic choice :tup:

I stumbled upon ALS back in 2006 whilst googling chickens that layed blue eggs. I was given a pair of Araucana’s, but had no idea such a breed existed until I found this place.. & have been here ever since

Vanessa post=359562 wrote:

For me I love the fact that it is Australian based….

Yep ditto!

I love that through this forum I have made some good friends who I now know outside of this forum.

… & double ditto. I have made some great friends that I keep in contact with ‘in real life’ also.

The diverse array on almost any subject possible is fairly amazing & all relevant to Aus…

BelBel

I agree – great topic! I originally came here a few years ago when the site was advertised in one of the gardening mags (Grass Roots or OG maybe?) and had an Ask Lyn section. I asked Lyn a question about kiwi vines I think… anyway, I noticed the forum as well and soon became hooked! The people here are so friendly and sharing, both on the forum and in person. They are people like me, with similar interests, goals and outlooks in life who dont judge me, and ‘get’ what I do without me having to explain. I find people like that harder to come by in ‘real life’. Thank you kind people – you make me feel welcome and much less strange 🙂

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Bel post=359577 wrote: Thank you kind people – yiu make me feel welcome and much less strange 🙂

Yep.. that’s what is so great about the place. Nothing seems weird here 😆

earthwalkerearthwalker
    Participant

Yep…like minds. I am a little less “weird/crazy” here 🙂 What don’t others understand! compost is magic, recycling is an artform, Op shops are treasure troves and bees don’t sting you if you talk to them.

Eira ClaptonEira Clapton
    Participant

Me too -all of the above. Lots of friendly advice and people who don’t think I am nuts for trying to live simply in the ‘burbs.

froot_loopzfroot_loopz

my kids think Im a little weird, but they have finally understand its something I love to do, its therapy for me too

KasaliaKasalia

Cant remember how I found Als, just was meant to be. All of the above reasons. I would rather clean my garden then clean the house too lol.

Just a hippie at heart in a street full of “townies”.

jaden62jaden62

I found the site while googling to try to find out if you can freeze cream & use it successfully afterwards. I still didn’t find the answer, so the cream I had went off because we couldn’t use it all. Oh well. 🙂

pennypenny

Found it by accident while looking for something else and stayed cause of all the lovely people willing to share their knowledge. Even when I don’t post I’m always looking to see what is going on

:laugh:

BelBel

Hi Misti and welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy it here. It’s been busy of late, which is a good thing. I hope you enjoy the site, and Australia!

SnagsSnags

Found it by accident and stayed

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Been here for ever. Found when I was looking for seeds at green harvest.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.