Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Where to find house sitting?

Home Forums SIMPLE SUSTAINABLE LIVING Families and the Home Where to find house sitting?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    DanHowerDanHower

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a website for house sitting? I have found some but no offers there.

Or maybe somebody here knows something.

We need a place to stay from beginning of January for 2 or 3 months, and would be happy to take care of house and animals.

We just spent a year in Germany, and I was participating in the development of biomass heating for glass houses. However, a job I had hoped for did not materialize so it turns out we have our tickets to Australia, but running out of money to rent a house straight away. House sitting , or rural property, would allow us some time to get the cash flow going again in Australia. I make mobile websites and apps when I am not working on alternative energy projects.

We are a familiy of three: daughter 9 years, wife 51 husband 61

Cheers

Dan Hower

BelBel

Have you tried looking on Gumtree? A neighbour of ours found some great short-term tennants on Gumtree and swears by it: gumtree

RobyneRobyne

Grass Roots and Earth Garden has advertisments for it

My SIL did it for awhile and travelled around Australia house sitting. Don’t know where she got the places from

BlueWrenBlueWren

We found house sitters on housesitters.com I think it was – had heaps of offers.The folk we booked had to cancel at the last minute due to illness and we found “replacements” within 24 hours.They were wonderful sitters – that was over a year ago and for months afterwards I came across little things that they “fixed ” while they were here.

The site is well organised , you can get / give refernces , and it all worked very smoothly.Sitters and sat often meet up beforehand if they are in the area.

I know you are wanting to do the sitting but that site may be helpful, or you may have found it already. Good luck , and all the best for settling back into Oz.

DanHowerDanHower

Thanks all.

Not found anything yet. It seems there are a lot of house sitters available, but not too many houses that need sitting.

We’ll keep on searching …

emmawilliemmawilli
    Participant

Hello

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.