Aussies Living Simply

Where do you buy your seeds from?

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Vegetables Where do you buy your seeds from?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    rileysmumrileysmum

I have been looking at the catalogues to buy seeds online and have narrowed the field to Cornucopia Seeds and Eden Seeds.

Does anyone have any advice about the best place to buy seeds from?

My needs are pretty basic, and I am not looking for anything exotic, just simple, ordinary vegetables.

I would love to see some opinions on this.

Cheers,

Sarah

purplehatpurplehat

I havn’t tried Eden – just Cornucopia and Greenpatch. I really do like Cornucopia. Good germination (for me so far), great service, fast delivery, decent prices.. I highly recommend them! 😀 They’ve got a good range of staples and some interesting varieties for something a little bit different.

Sorry to sound like an advert, but I’m just a happy customer! 😉

mum2twinsmum2twins

I have only placed one order and it was with eden seeds.

Everything arrived and germination for everything looks pretty good.

Just wish my kids would leave the seed trays alone long enough for me to transplant stuff…..but that is a whole nother story :p

paulaorganicpaulaorganic

I’ve only tried Eden seeds so far and have been very happy with them. I have had great germination rates and they are very friendly and very quick with postage. :tup:

LearningLearning

Another vote for Cornucopia here. Fantastic service, and excellent germination rates. Haven’t tried Eden, so can’t comment.

Plus Cornucopia will give you a discount if you tell them you’re a member of ALS :tup:

BronBron

both are good. eden seeds are from this area, so i can buy them instore 🙂

HaysviewHaysview

Hi we get our seeds from http://www.thelostseed.com.au give them a try good luck from haysview

aldrumaldrum

Eden Seeds. Big range, great germination, quick delivery.

Haven’t tried others though, I found Eden to be the cheapest for the amounts I wanted.

paulaorganicpaulaorganic

Bron, just read your post.

By “instore”, do you mean you buy them from a shop somewhere. I usually order mine over the phone, as I have never seen them for sale anywhere else. 😀

TullymoorTullymoor

Cornucopia and Green Harvest. :tup:

Cornucopia give ALS members a 10% discount and are philan, philanth…good deed doers 😀

BelBel

I’ve had good success with Eden seeds & love the range. I switched to Diggers recently, thinking it would be good value, but how wrong I was! :@ But I won’t get into it….I read a thread recently where others weren’t happy either… I’ll be switching back to Eden before our Diggers subscription is even finished.

rileysmumrileysmum

Thankyou all for the advice,

I think I will get some from each and then see how things go.

Will let you know how it works out!:tup:

marigoldmarigold

How do you tell Cornucopia you’re an ALSer?

VanessaVanessa

I think there is a “contact us” thing or if you put in an order just put it in the comments field, i think thats what I did, they’ll then adjust the total and I think when you next log in the discount should be automatic

smiffysmiffy

I have great success with Eden seeds , I buy online and they always supply promptly , had great service from them .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.