Aussies Living Simply

What's wrong with my potato?

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Vegetables What's wrong with my potato?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Lady Bee
    Keymaster

This is a Kennebec potato. Obviously it is somewhat misshapen, and all of those we have dug to date are like that. Our Nicola, Desiree and Sebago are all fine. Just the Kennebec are affected. They’re all in the same plot and potatoes haven’t grown in this plot for about 5 years.

Can anyone suggest what may be wrong?

porgey

Lady B, I have a few like that whilst others seem fine. With all the rain we have had its hard to fathom but it may be uneven watering.

Lady Bee
    Keymaster

I doubt it, the other potatoes have had the same amount of deluge as these ones. The whole lot of these Kennebecs are affected.

porgey

Quite a mystery then. My spudies all got mixed up so I am not sure which variety is which but will see what happens with the next planting and hopefully in the meantime a cause will be posted.

treacle

Maybe they’re growing too close to each other, kind of looks like those marks apples get when they have something sticking into them as they grow.

Doc

Well, looks like the chips are down and these babies are gonna fry :laugh:

Doc 😉

Lady Bee
    Keymaster

Doc, you’re such a dag!

Bullseye

Lady B post=310034 wrote:

Can anyone suggest what may be wrong?

I think it’s “Potato Head Frowns Disease”, botox injections?  😉

BlueWren

Doc post=310084 wrote: Well, looks like the chips are down and these babies are gonna fry :laugh:

Doc 😉

Not at all! Just very unique crinkle cut chips!:laugh:

Well,I don’t know about us ………someone makes a simple request for serious information and some of us just make a hash of it………….

Wish I could help.Hope someone sensible can!!:)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.