Aussies Living Simply

What You Cooking For Dinner Tonight?

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Homecooked food (Recipe Request) What You Cooking For Dinner Tonight?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 186 total)
  • Author
    sewing ladysewing lady

Lsdt night we had chop and cauliflower weith leek and cheese sauce and sitr fired spinach with peas and corn,

Tonight we will have the left over cauli and potato soup.

ChezzaChezza
    Participant

We are having something that has chicken drumsticks in it…. I have no idea above that…. :shrug:

roundthebendroundthebend

Feels great when you sit down to all home grown dont it Tully:D

Tonight is mums fried chicken wings ( wanna be KFC ;)), mashed pumkin and potatoes and steamed cabbage…………all home grown. With blueberries and yogurt to follow.

I had bangers and mash. The bangers were some herb and garlic ones I found on Sunday (not quite as good as cumberland sausages, but the closest I have found yet), chopped up into one inch lengths and mixed with a rich gravy poured over the mash – perfect food for a soggy day.:D

FeyWindFeyWind

roundthebend wrote:

Home grown roast duck with potatoes, pumpkin,beans, carrots, sweet corn and daikon radish from the garden and the nieghbour gave me some bananas, so thinking banana custard for sweets:)

Nice reading what everyone else is making for dinner……………….makes me want to get more creative in the kitchen:tup:

What do you do with the radish? Aren’t they a bit big to eat raw and whole? Or do you cook it.

roundthebendroundthebend

Cut into sticks and boiled or steamed as another veggie:tup:

HerbmanHerbman

Tonight we are having lettuce cups with an Asian chicken mince filling.

marzmarz

I’ve made Pea and Ham Soup (with the ham bone left over from Christmas – it’s been in the freezer all this time) with french stick warmed in the oven.

roundthebendroundthebend

Crumbed steak ( home kill), salad from the garden with pumpkin fritters from yesterdays leftovers. Pineapple ( swapped with the nieghbour for broccoli) and some ice cream.

Having had scones with jam and cream for morning tea, a large curry for lunch and a mochachino for afternoon tea, I am thinking something on toast will do me tonight …:lol:

TullymoorTullymoor

Thanks for the info on the daikon radish RTB, we have them, not many but a few. I’ve been feeding them to the rabbits :p

Egg and bacon pie (again 😆 delicious ) with homemade relish, thanks to recipes from RTB’s thead :hug:

GiannaGianna

Chicken and corn soup, with some rice in it as well. Very substantial.

RVGRVG

Frittata : free range eggs, herdshare milk 😉 cabbage, carrots, onion, beetroot, sweet potato all from Food Connect and some garlic (Australian) and local cheese on top. Enough, cold, for two on Thursday!

HerbmanHerbman

HBG – toast is regular dinner fare in our house. At least 2 times a week :shy: Reckon it’s one of the best things about being an adult – one can be lazy without being told off by mum 😆

ChezzaChezza
    Participant

Toast is on the menu here about once a week… Usually when we have too many eggs…

Hmm, pea and ham soup is a good idea…. Thanks marz….

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 186 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.