Aussies Living Simply

What You Cooking For Dinner Tonight?

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Homecooked food (Recipe Request) What You Cooking For Dinner Tonight?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 186 total)
  • Author
    MelissaMelissa

we had marinated lamb ( rosemary garlic salt olive oil) cooked in the weber it was delicious we also has spinach and ricotta baked Kipfler potatoes also done in the weber

ChezzaChezza
    Participant

I cooked a roast chicken, sprinkled with chicken seasoning, sprigs of rosemary and an onion in an oven bag… Reduced the juices down to make a gravy…. Roast potatos, roast sweet buck, fresh beans and cauliflower and frozen corn and peas…. Very nice….

baxters6baxters6
    Participant

cornbeef in batter

in the dim dark days of my training, we had a shearers cook for our night duty. he use to cook us some realy first class meals. one was corn beef sliced in batter with tomatoe sauce on the side. it was fantastic. we never have any left over at home to try it again. bev

roundthebendroundthebend

Home grown roast duck with potatoes, pumpkin,beans, carrots, sweet corn and daikon radish from the garden and the nieghbour gave me some bananas, so thinking banana custard for sweets:)

Nice reading what everyone else is making for dinner……………….makes me want to get more creative in the kitchen:tup:

Mexican tonight! Tortilla with grilled lamb, my cheat’s refried beans, rice, lettuce from the garden, home made yoghurt and organic coriander from the new, organic and local food store in town ($2.50 a bunch for lovely, lovely organic coriander. Can you hear me fall on the ground swooning from where you are? :tongue:).

I think my partner is doing a rhubarb crumble for dessert too. Yum!

TullymoorTullymoor

Homegrown pork ribs in a marinade of soy, ginger, garlic, honey, splosh of red wine slow cooked for 3 hours, delicious :tongue:

Also homegrown salad…a milesone, everything homegrown!:clap:

shadowdancershadowdancer

nummy bacon & vegetable quiche. I’ll put as many veges as possible into it! specially from my garden. Its all ready to harvest now, and we had our first broccoli lastnight. hmmmmm nummy nice!

Having just frozen three packs of bacon bones and two of smoked hocks, I am planning on some herb and garlic sausages. Tomorrow I will be cooking up the lamb roast which will serve me for sandwiches for some time to come. ALl purchased yesterday at a great new shop in Lindisfarne I found, with the help of my friend.

bluezbanditbluezbandit

Lamb Roast with all the trimmings. Yummmmooooooo my favourite! Tonights and tomorrows as I will make enough for both nights.

Deb

supergransupergran

Saltbush hogget with vegies all in the oven now 🙂

HerbmanHerbman

Man you all sound like you are having fantastic dinners. Tonight DW is having oven fries on sandwiches. I’m having oven fries, baked beans and fried eggs.

Shhh … Don’t tell mum 😆

kerriebkerrieb

Gluten free pizza base (pkt) from supermarket (bright yellow from the our chooks eggs) with home made tomato paste from the freezer with cooked chicken and odds and sods out of the garden and fridge, not enough of anything to do much else with and cheese thrown on top.

redhen2redhen2

Tullymoor wrote:

Homegrown pork ribs in a marinade of soy, ginger, garlic, honey, splosh of red wine slow cooked for 3 hours, delicious :tongue:

Also homegrown salad…a milesone, everything homegrown!:clap:

well done tully. that’s fabulous. :clap::clap:

GiannaGianna

A milestone indeed. Well done Tully & Jock. :clap:

ChezzaChezza
    Participant

:tup: I agree G… one off many I hope, Tulls…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 186 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.