Aussies Living Simply

What You Cooking For Dinner Tonight?

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Homecooked food (Recipe Request) What You Cooking For Dinner Tonight?

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 186 total)
  • Author
    jaymes

we had honey mustard rooster, slow cooked, with rice 😀

kerrieb

I looked in the fridge decided that we are havng leftovers from the weekend otherwize I will just be throwing out good food.

kerrieb

Bump

I need some inspiration to cook more interesting meals. I’ve been doing way too much meat and three veg lately. Sausages, pumpkin, potato and beans tonight for example.

Rush

Oh Kerrieb. I nearly did the same thing earlier today as i was feeling the same…

Luckily my 5yo asked for soup of pizza from the shop. Soup sounded great after the chilli day we had – so that’s what we had… (with mini muffin pizzas :D)

I’m dreading tomorrow afternoon though!!! Trying to think of something else!!!

:p

LindyChook

Pasta mixed with heaps of vegies chopped small and equal parts of each – butter, curry powder and brown sugar. You dont need meat with this but we are having topside steak tonight with our pasta and the steak will be crumbed in weetbix and parmasen cheese.

boy wrangler

Chicken and zuchinni risotto, very yummy!

It is so easy to get stuck in a dinner rut isn’t it? At the beginning of every week I sit down to plan meals, sometimes it seems like it’s always the same thing though! I suppose it doesn’t help that DS1’s favourite is sausages so we have to have them every week!

Kasalia

My parents arrived yesterday and we just had a lovely lasagne with fresh garden salad, ( will those wild cherry tomatoes ever stop producing and the first of the snow peas, lettuce and still the cucumbers keep on coming) on our back veranday by the hurricane and citronella oil lamp. It was just … well… lovely. What can I say!!!:clap::clap:

boy wrangler

It sounds divine Kasalia! Both the food and the setting!

We’re having pumpkin soup and wholemeal breadrolls. Our neighbour brought over a pumpkin from her vine and we gave her the disappointing news that the random compost vine we though was a pumpkin is in fact a patty pan squash 😐

kerrieb

Hmm tonight will be risotto with leftover roast chicken, the last of the basil and whatever else I feel like adding.

Boy wrangler I my DS loves them too and as he is the pickiest eater we often have them as well.

busylizzie
    Participant

Tonight is Roast beef, with spuds, pumpkin, sweet pot, onion, corn (all from the garden) and peas (need to grow acres of these to feed us)

Iduna

Something easy and light on the stomach I think. I just need to think of it first.

Janine

Spaghetti and meatballs tonight – yum!

Scarlet

We are having beef burgers with fried onion, cheese and salad… It’s our usual Tuesday fare as we don’t get home until after 6.30pm from footy practise… Quick and filling and a bonus for me tonight, practise has been cancelled!! :tup:

gypsyoak

sage, eggplant, walnut and mushroom lasagne. hopefully it will be allright!

boy wrangler

what is it with kids and sausages? they all love them!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 186 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.