Aussies Living Simply

What You Cooking For Dinner Tonight?

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Homecooked food (Recipe Request) What You Cooking For Dinner Tonight?

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 186 total)
  • Author

Thanks Muzzy!!

jaymesjaymes

roast chook, all the vegies, savoury bread and raspberry mousse for dessert 😀

Shangri LaShangri La

I made these lamb doner kebabs the other night – really yummy and VERY easy. I used fresh coriander as I had some in the garden and home made yoghurt. It was also very cheap for 500g lamb mince.

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/16732/home+style+doner+kebab

TullymoorTullymoor

:wave: Homemade chicken and corn soup which was more like a stew with celery, carrots, noodles and curry for good measure.

Rhubarb and apple crumble and custard for dessert. :wave:

Shangri LaShangri La

Here is the recipe HOME STYLE DONER KEBABS

Ingredients (serves 4)

* 500g lean lamb mince

* 3 garlic cloves, crushed

* 1 tbs plain flour

* 2 tbs each olive oil and chopped parsley

* 2 tsp each ground cumin and cinnamon

* 3 tsp ground coriander

* 1 egg, beaten

* Lemon, warmed pita, salad, natural yoghurt and mint, to serve

Method

1. Preheat grill to medium-high. Line base of a 28cm x 8cm lamington pan with baking paper and lightly grease. Combine lamb, garlic, flour, oil, parsley, spices, egg, salt and pepper in a bowl. Press into an even layer in the pan.

2. Place pan under the grill for 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Drain off any liquid, then invert onto a board. Discard paper, then return meat to pan, sealed- side down, and grill for 2 minutes until cooked through. Slice meat into thin strips, squeeze over lemon, then pack into pita with salad, yoghurt and mint.

Notes & tips

Spring has sprung at Taste.com.au so it’s time to start thinking about barbecue recipes, picnic recipes and salad recipes. And don’t forget we are always adding new recipes, too!

Source

delicious. – March 2007, Page 78

Recipe by Valli Little

sewing ladysewing lady

After sitting around all day I decided to do something nice for dinner.

I did Turkey schnitzle with home grown salad and home fries and I made a bluberry and crasin coffee cake for desert.

Yummie.

HerbmanHerbman

Am home alone so am treating myself to pork belly & apples. Should be ready in about 15mins (no, it’s not 8:30pm, only 7:30pm in real time)

Scored about 2.5kg of pork belly for free so am also making a pork belly hot pot for the freezer. Yummo!!! I love pork (and get it all to myself because DW doesn’t like it)

Might not be all to yourself Herbman – that sounds almost good enough to get on the next flight for …:mad:

HerbmanHerbman

😆 HBG – I do always prefer company when eating.

You better hurry because come Tuesday DW has her days off and then she’s on early shift so no more pork belly dinners for about 2 weeks until night shifts start again.

Might take a little longer to sort out a dog-sitter than I thought. The airlines seem strangely reluctant to have him travel as a passenger. I find that very confusing when he is such a lovely big dog …:lol::lol:

Eira ClaptonEira Clapton
    Participant

I have some celery plants. They are too bitter to eat raw. So I decided today to make cream of celery soup.

I took the bones of a chicken which made our picnic lunch yesterday. I boiled them for stock.

Then I added the celery and leaves of about 1 whole bunch of celery, an onion, a quarter of pumpkin and two potatoes and boiled them for about two hours..

I tasted the soup . EEEK. It was bitter!

OK time to experiment.

I added a pinch of salt. I added two desertspoons of sugar.

Still bitter.

I added a desertspoon of chicken stock powder. One tspn of curry powder.

Hmmm….stranger!

Ok now I am desperate. Don’t want to throw this out!

Added half a jar of applesauce and one whole can of coconut milk.

Blended it with my lovely bamix.

Served it with home made scones. Vietnamese mint sprinked on top.

The comment from my daughter made it all worth while:

“Strangely this works! I would eat this again! WIN! 🙂

HerbmanHerbman

Well done EMW. :tup:

Sounds like you are Masterchef material 🙂 … Making flavours work like that :clap:

StephanieStephanie

Hi,

Tonight we all had a great meal home made spagetti and home made mince sauce made from our own home kill beef and apple & blueberry pie the apples and blue berries grown locally. I took the grand kids to a pick your own blueberry farm last Christmas holidays and these were the last of that frozen batch. The pie was great and so was the main course. There is nothing like home made pasta and it is so easy.

Cheers

narellehnarelleh

my older DS made a quiche and I whipped some curried sausage with left over sausage from the bbq with friends at lunchtime. Then I cooked some rice and we had some left over salad as well – thought we could have leftovers for lunch today but there is only rice left:jawdrop:

Tonight I have an order from DS#2 for pizza and as he starts back at school tomorrow I had better deliver something nice for him these school hols:lol:

NimrodelNimrodel

Nice easy dinner last night – jacket potatoes with a bit of fried bacon, leek and cheese. Yum! It has become my favourite filling but cheap standby lately.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 186 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.