Aussies Living Simply

What to do with dead earwigs?

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Vegetables What to do with dead earwigs?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    wizzbefwizzbef

So I have had some success drowning some earwigs in oil. What is the safest way to get rid of the old oil and water and dead bodies as the containers start to fill up?

redhen2redhen2

euw. i’d wrap them in newspaper and put them in the bin. or i’d just toss them on the grass – with as little oil as possible.

urban-wombaturban-wombat

The other day i was reading about the locust cook book* .. so I’m sure someone would have done one on earwigs.. just kidding ..put them in your bin. Col

* don’t call ’em locust… but desert prawns:D

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Can’t they go in the compost ?

porgeyporgey

Chooks love them!!

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

I was just wondering about feeding them to the chooks.. think thats what I’d be doing with them actually.

BobbeeBobbee

If you don’t have chookens Wizzbef, how about chucking them out for the birds…………………………………

:hug::hug::hug:

purplehatpurplehat

I have the same issue. I’ve got them drying outside for the birds, who’ve taken quite a few, but I think even they’re sick of earwigs now! 😆 There are big bullants out the back that like them, too.. and otherwise, I’d probably put them in the compost where the bluetongues could eat some.

wizzbefwizzbef

I do have some chooks but don’t seem to be interested in oily earwigs, so I got hold of an engine oil funnel today so can seperate the wigs from the oil. I will leave the wigs to dry and re-use the water/oil. Maybe the chooks or wildlife would prefer their wiggys sun-dried…thanks

:tup:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.