Aussies Living Simply

What "Simple Living" objective did you fulfil today?

Home Forums SIMPLE SUSTAINABLE LIVING This Simple Life What "Simple Living" objective did you fulfil today?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 164 total)
  • Author
    Bobbee

:wave:

Hugs to star trooper :hug: :hug: :hug:

I rugged up as if going for an arctic hike and ventured into the garden and picked cabbage, broccoli, golden mustard, chickory, silverbeet and a bit of onion tops. That was a very brave thing to do, I might have frozen to the ground and never been heard of again. :laugh: :laugh:

Lucky I washed the veg at one of the overflow tanks ‘cos it had lots of dirt, ditto the silverbeet, and snails and WORMS in it. We have had a bit of rain here and the worms must be trying out penthouse living. :laugh: :laugh:

I had to thaw my hands out on a mug of hot drink when I made it back inside. :dry:

Used the veg to make a sauce for some pasta. Yummo!!! Added can of organic 4 bean mix for protein. :tup: :tup:

Happy day,

Bobbs :hug: :hug: :hug:

sue e

planted some Tropical Tomato seeds which I had saved myself. not very well I might add. just left them on the windowsill to ferment as you are supposed to but didn’t get around to rinsing and drying them- they just kinda dried out on the windowsill. so will be interested to see if they germinate.Also some lemon basil which I saved from last year.and some capsicum. covered them all with the littl plasic container thingies that you buy strawberries in. i knew if I kept them long enough I would find a use for them.

Bobbee

Sue the tomato seeds that sprout in the garden don’t get washed so I wouldn’t concern myself with that. Hope they all do well for you. :tup:

Made healthy muffins with org wm flour, org flax seed meal, org sultanas and org pepitas and org eggs, org sugar and org butter. Yummo……..

Also made choc cake with org cocoa. My halos shining and ready to slip again………..

Worked on a quilt that is sewn on the machine but at least I am making it and not buying it ready made. :tup:

Happy day.

Corona

Today I packed boxes for our move to Tassie, so we can live the simple life. Does that count? Can’t wait to try out all the good things I am finding out about from als. I am a simple soul at heart and already knit, sew, preserve a little, and other minimal stuff, look out when I get to Tassie!!!!!!!

Bobbee

Made up a fresh box of talcum powder and a fresh box of deodorant powder. :tup:

Happy day,

Peeled and salted onions to pickle tomorrow, bottled ginger beer and about to bottle a few of orange “squash” still got a heap more oranges to process, having a ball, though very tired, I only have one of those wooden juicer things.. hard on the wrists.

luvin

cleaned up the greenhouse

sorted out seedlings into larger pots

dug up fruit trees and replanted into better areas,now it is raining it will help with shock

picked herbs to dry later

Bobbee

Cut my hair. Learned to knit a can can scarf at craft today and finished it a little while ago. Plan to knit one each for grand-daughters. :tup:

Happy day,

BlueWren

sue e post=319935 wrote: covered them all with the littl plasic container thingies that you buy strawberries in. i knew if I kept them long enough I would find a use for them.

I’ve been saving them too ,various shapes,thinking they’d come in handy for mini greenhouses.Time I tried using them!

BlueWren

Corona post=320076 wrote: Today I packed boxes for our move to Tassie, so we can live the simple life. Does that count? Can’t wait to try out all the good things I am finding out about from als. I am a simple soul at heart and already knit, sew, preserve a little, and other minimal stuff, look out when I get to Tassie!!!!!!!

Absolutely it does count!!! :clap: :clap: Where in Tassie will you live the simple life?? The call of Tassie sounds like the Siren of the sea!! All the best for the move,Corona.

Corona

Thanks BlueWren, Glad to know it counts. We will be living in a little place called Wilmot. Not much there but it has a winery!! We have a little 3bed cottage and 3 acres. Back to the packing.

sue e

greeeeeeeeeeeen!!!!!!!!

froot_loopz

I bought a couple of strawberry plants and a punnet of chery tomatoes from bunnings

Might try to do the cucumbers and beans by seed

sue e

put in heaps of seeds -lots of old seed so not sure how many will come up but it was nice sittin in the sun playin in the dirt. stewed some cumquats for our blue cheese extravaganza tonight.put the hose on the washing machine to water the citrus- getting very dry here. does that count? made pizza bases for friday night pizza.harvested some beetroot.

Paradiso

Made a cottage pie on the wood stove and took it to a friend who is up to her nostrils in a building project.

Did research on getting my wood stove working better.

thanks for this post.

Find living in the bush isolating at times… value like mindedness and the opportunity to reflect on and share the simple achievements/pleasures.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 164 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.