Aussies Living Simply

What made you smile today :)

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up What made you smile today :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 335 total)
  • Author
    roundthebend

OK, we have the threads

what did you plant/harvest ect…….so it’s now time for what made you smile:)

Mine was sitting in the bath, with a thunderstorm rumbling outside………….finish washing my face and opened my eyes to find 2 storm scardy dogs sitting on my bath mat:lol:

becca

You read my mind, rtb, I was just about to say as an antidote to all the sadness around, you need to focus on the good things too… I’ve often wondered if severe depression might be (among other things, obviously) like a total lack of being able to do that, and I can only then imagine how devastating that must be for days and days on end…

I had lots of positives today πŸ™‚

Cooper getting excited when I put on S’ shoes to go outside… he LOVES it that we go out every morning, waits for the moment, and then leaps from the top step and onto the lawn and does a dance while we come down the stairs (this is the dog, btw)

Made chicken nuggets and S ate all the ones I gave him :tup:

Had a big smile/cuddle/tickle session with T.

Saw the picture of the koala drinking from the firie’s water bottle and it made me sad and happy all at the same time.

Some kind of rubbish things happened too but it’s not the place for that here…

Tullymoor

I’ve often wondered if severe depression might be (among other things, obviously) like a total lack of being able to do that, and I can only then imagine how devastating that must be for days and days on end…

That’s exactly what it’s like Becca πŸ™

The one and only thing that made me smile today was seeing the budgie pairs in the ghost gum at the backdoor. There are lots of hollows and obviously they’re making nests. They were chattering their little heads off and all kissy kissy as only budgies can be :hug:

becca

Tullymoor wrote:

The one and only thing that made me smile today was seeing the budgie pairs in the ghost gum at the backdoor. There are lots of hollows and obviously they’re making nests. They were chattering their little heads off and all kissy kissy as only budgies can be :hug:

So. Sweet. Thanks – it made me smile too.

Gianna

roundthebend wrote:

OK, we have the threads

what did you plant/harvest ect…….so it’s now time for what made you smile:)

Mine was sitting in the bath, with a thunderstorm rumbling outside………….finish washing my face and opened my eyes to find 2 storm scardy dogs sitting on my bath mat:lol:

:lol::lol: :hug:

roundthebend

Those two could have joined in the “have-a-howl” thread………..ruddy great dogs sitting there shaking……………the clouds are banging/the sky is falling…………and me laughing my head off at them:lol:

Chookasmum

I smiled today at the response we are getting to the “care packages/sanity savers ” for the bf quilters, crafters/ gardeners, that I amrunning on my blog the responses are coming in from all over Aussie and from loads of places o/s people are wonderful:tup:

Cheers

Lorraine

ps and i hope all this wind we are having here todnight will blow all the plague locuts away from my garden:shrug:

Gianna

What made me smile today? Laugh actually …. this from Bobbee just now …

Bobbee wrote:

Jenny,

Yep girl you’re in allsorts hehehehe trouble.

Hope you got lots of toilet paper’

And you are gunna hav a veri saw little rissole sum time sooooooonnnn.

:hug::hug::hug:

:lol::lol: Bobbee’s response to my comment about eating a bag of licorice. :lol::lol:

Bobbee

Well, Sammie my cat, who only gets outside in a harness attached to a long line on a wire run, caught herself a rat yesterday.

She was very ‘orrible to it and threw it in the air and jumped on its tummy and stuff like that.

Dh had to remove it and kill the poor stupid thing and then DH also had to dispose of it.

Well we put Sammie out this morning and she went to find her rat and he was gone.

It was like she knew exactly where to lay the blame, she turned around and sat up straight and stared at us – I reckon if she could talk she would have said “Give me back my bloody rat, NOW!!”

Might not sound very funny but it made me grin.

So did rtb’s story. πŸ˜†

:hug:

wocket

for me it was finally getting Gwen (9 weeks old now) to sleep after a marathon from 6:00 till 10 of feeding, giggling, feeding. *phew*

Gianna

Sammie will probably pee in your slippers now Bobbee. πŸ™‚

roundthebend

:lol::lol::lol:

Tullymoor

:lol::lol::lol::clap::clap::clap:

Bobbee

Wouldn’t put it past her. She’s a right madam.

Mind you if we don’t let Tomas, who is a stray who loves us and made himself at home, out EXACTLY when he yells at the door, then he pulls a couple of dvd’s and two packs of cards off the low shelf near the door.

Who the heck does he think he is anyway??!!!!!

:lol::lol:

:hug::hug:

phoenixxinOz

As long as I stay away from the fire threads…ALS always has something to make me smile:D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 335 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.