Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

What is wrong with people?

Home Forums SIMPLE SUSTAINABLE LIVING Reduce, Reuse, Repair, Recycle What is wrong with people?

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    SnagsSnags

Ive seen lots of great stuff over my time driving,I used to do lots of work in the rich parts of Melbourne,they throw out everything. Around Toorak, Ive seen top of the line washing machines, stoves, fridges, dishwashers, tvs all get tossed to make room for the new.
    Saw heaps of stuff near dads when I was down in Melbourne stainless steel drums,milk crates, bread crates, wicker baskets,gym equipment, people are mad
    When I worked in the mines I had access to the giant shed that was virtually a warehouse full of stuff, as new mining execs got in they replaced everything in the house,top of the line everything all virtually new.As miners left they left everything behind.”We” would go in and clean up and renovate the houses before the next lot came in.My 2IC ran a small business on the side selling everything in Sydney he would load up a big trailer to go home twice a year.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

ridiculous isn’t it, – so wasteful

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

The BIL goes around his neighbourhood looking and always finds something ….. even carted home a bed just balanced it on his head…. and police pulled up asking if he was OK

:))

TropicalRoseTropicalRose
    Participant

I have furnished a whole two bedroom house on giveaways and roadside finds. There is nothing to be ashamed of here, it is clean and tidy and quite respectable. I deplore consumerism but have to admit I have benefitted from other people’s. But lots of leftovers I don’t know what to do with, some of it broken and it’s beyond my capability to fix much these days. I didn’t know how to say no to some of it. Oh well I guess that’s what the garage will be used for until I work out what to do with it all.

AUSSIEDOWNUNDERAUSSIEDOWNUNDER
    Participant

I have made a small fortune out6 of discarded rubbish

LioraLiora
    Participant

I found the most stunning modern timber high chair for when my grand babies come over. It was in perfect condition except for the straps which I unscrewed, soaked, scrubbed and they came up a treat.

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

My best find was a leather lounge suite, the owner was throwing it out because it was dated.

LioraLiora
    Participant

Lol! I forgot I have a leather lounge too! It’s a beaut.

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.