Aussies Living Simply

what is this plant

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Vegetables what is this plant

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Melrose

I’d like some help identifying this plant. Sorry if its not a vegie. All the food scraps used to be thrown into this garden so I don’t know what it is haha. I don’t want to embarress myself by guessing.

Sorry I had to take the photos in the dark my phone wouldn’t let me upload the photos is already taken.

Melrose

Gah my comp won’t upload the photos now.

Melrose

I had another photo of the fruits on the plant.

Here are the better pictures

Melrose

BlueWren

I’m wondering if they are fruit on potato plants?? Bit of a wild guess though.

Melrose

Melrose

Melrose

Sorry computer went crazy and uploaded heaps of the same. Sorry. Thats a good point actually I never thought of Potatos

Thisildo
    Participant

I agree with Blue Wren. A potato plant with seeds.

Snags

Top photos look like angelica the ones with fruit looks like a pepino

But it could be a potato

Gumnut

All I can definitely say for you is the plant certainly appears to be from the solenaceae family. It’s such a wide and varied group, many of which are toxic. I would suggest digging one up and taking it to a horticultural expert for id just to be sure. 🙂

Does anyone know if potatos are the only members of the solenaceae family that forms tubers??? If so, that would be an easy way to tell if it’s a potato.

Melrose

Found out today it is potatoe. It was planted by one of the other girls who lives here while I was away hahaha. i didn’t know anything else had been planted except for what I had put in there haha. Thank you all for your help :hug:

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.