Aussies Living Simply

What is this and what do I do with it? (photos)

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Vegetables What is this and what do I do with it? (photos)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Embers

This was in my foodconnect box this week and I don’t know what it is nor how to use it (I can’t find anything in the newsletter or on the website to give me a hint). Sorry about the photos, had to take them with my mobile phone. The AA battery is for scale.

Thanks!

kiwimama

Looks like kale, but it’s lighter than what I’ve grown. What does it taste like?

kathy

Looks like oakleaf lettuce to me

roundthebend

Looks like the curley endive i grow………….but bigger:D……slightly bitter to taste but can be used fresh in a salad with a dressing or steamed like spinach.

Lyn Bagnall

Possibly a type of Kale called “Walking Stick Cabbage”? :confused:

djc

I think it looks like kale too- the ribs on the leaves look a bit too thick for lettuce.Taste it and see – if its kale it’ll taste a bit cabbagey

sunflower

Looks like kale to me too – There’s lots of different varieties.

RVG

Looks like Kale but the photo might be over exposed, hence it looks a more lettuce colour rather than a darker green?

It’s great steamed in your steamer, as your other veggies. After which, serve with your other steamed veggies or make a fritatta.

Embers

So that’s what Kale looks like! I didn’t think to taste it (duh!) but its texture is cabbage-like, and googling for images of Kale brings up quite a few pictures that resemble what I have. Thanks everyone!

I’m getting such an education – last week there was a pomelo in the box, and I’ve now tried swede and parsnip as well πŸ™‚

scarecrow

This is a link to a thread on Kale and how to use it!

There are heaps of Kale types around here are just a few I’ve got growing!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.