Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

What did you harvest today? (Continued)

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Vegetables What did you harvest today? (Continued)

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 307 total)
  • Author
    BobbeeBobbee

:hug: s to narelleh.

kerriebkerrieb

Cucumbers, lettuce, purple king beans, cukes, a couple of tomatoes.

Not having much luck with the tomatoes this year. They’re late and I’ve had to pull half out with wilts. Most years I might have one sucumb.

narellehnarelleh

i just love home grown cues

RommieRommie

Lots of lovely fresh oregano (to be turned into oregano and parmesan flatbread!)

Do blackberries count if you didn’t grow them yourself? (Harvested from the side of the road! :whistle: )

porgeyporgey

Lettuce, Nectarine city, silverbeet, carrots, parsnip seed, beetroot, echinacea, parsley, chives, tomatoes, asparagus, basil, rocket, beans, sweet corn, maize, Sugarloaf Pippin apples, carrots, and a few unwanted Oxalis. The birds are loving the nectarines and apples so am having a bit of a processing day and stewing some fruit and making some veg salads for the week.

narellehnarelleh

re dinner snack of grumichama’s and mulberries – not sure which is nicer :whistle:

SnagsSnags

had my first grumichama today whoo hoo

and some rocket chillies,not much growing due to drought and flood

narellehnarelleh

yeah Snags the rain followed too closely on our flowering of the Grumichama and alot have not developed 🙁 and my mouth was watering at the thought…..

yeah not much else here either :shrug:

BronBron

passionfruit are ripening so had one yesterday. other than that, nothing it ready. wasn’t any point in getting anything planted cos over summer, it all dies anyway. This year has been more ‘build up that poor, poor soil’ than anything else. There might be some sweet potato and come winter, we’ll have a lot of oranges (navels and an old fashioned, full of juice one), mandarins and lemons.

porgeyporgey

A few more cherry tomatoes, nectarines, lettuce bush beans.

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

narelleh post=353424 wrote: yeah Snags the rain followed too closely on our flowering of the Grumichama and alot have not developed 🙁 and my mouth was watering at the thought…..

yeah not much else here either :shrug:

Have never heard of these, what are they Narelleh?

Not much planted this season put today picked a few more kgs of Plums, Tommies, some Raspberries and Wild Blackberries.

narellehnarelleh

grumichama’s are a south amercian food i think. They are ike a tropical cherry. It flowered only a few weeks ago and the fruit are ready already – they are just devine :tup:

SnagsSnags

I had 4 more today, love them they taste like a cross between real cherry and strawberry jam.

Mine are fruiting and flowering at the same time.

narellehnarelleh

i had to share with DH Snags and we only has a good handful 🙁

porgeyporgey

Peas, corn, nectarines, lettuce, silverbeet, beetroot, apples, Chilean guava, carrots, beans, potatoes, asparagus, cucumber squash & zucchini.

After a few attempts I have finally been able to get a yellow zucchini (male) to cross pollinate a female light green squash to create a yellowish squash. I know there are lots of yellow squash out there but its been a fun challenge crossing within the same species.

Anyone know a great sweet corn recipe?

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 307 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.