Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

What did you harvest today? (Continued)

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Vegetables What did you harvest today? (Continued)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 307 total)
  • Author
    donnamacdonnamac

Two buckets of nashis.

kerriebkerrieb

More zuch 10 I think even the chooks have had enough, a few beans, herbs, 2 eggs, lettuce, spring onions, tomatoes, the first 6 peaches off the dwarf one and a bucket of roses before the heat. Not too bad for the little attention the garden has been getting lately.

karyn26karyn26

Finally my first cuccumber yippee

plus nectarines yummy will be bottling tomorrow.

Shangri LaShangri La

2 cucumbers, several dwarf Roma toms and 2 microscopic strawberries (season long over here but I am freezing them until I get enough to make some jam).

I also noticed I have a good sized luffa on the vine (hanging over the fence on the neighbour’s side) – do I just wait for it to dry out???

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

Hi Shangri-La, heres a good site about Luffas that Ive used.

http://www.luffa.info/index.htm

edensgateedensgate

Harvested the first fig of the season. Yum! Can’t wait to eat the rest – I’m part way through netting the trees now to ensure I can do that!

Patsy133Patsy133

Yellow passion fruit, chokoes, mizuna, Cherry Guavas, Acerola, sweet potato, lemons, basil, melochia spinach, manioc and tomatoes.

IdunaIduna

I harvested my spunta potatos earlier in the week and once it cools down a little more i’ll pick some silverbeet, wom bok, basil, parsly and some zooks.

karyn26karyn26

Got outside early today and dug up potatoes from non wick bed a small buckets worth,

2nd cuccumber from vine

8 nectarines,cant bottle yet still not ripe enough

GabesMummiGabesMummi

Dug up a sweet potato and picked first Snake bean yesterday and today 5 Lebanese cucumbers and about 6 Casper white eggplants.

black figs as big as my 6 yr olds hands , muscat grapes, tomatoes, the lemon tree has fruit almost completely yellow now and waiting for my corn to ripen up (how do u tell when its ready? ) i have a monster corn plant that has 2 big fat corn cob things on it either side and is over 6ft tall and looks to b sprouting 2 more corn cob babies lower down its trunk ( which is 12 cm diameter, 4 cm across and over 6 ft high)

LindyChookLindyChook

We got silverbeet, silverbeet and some silverbeet!! Of course the girls offered us eggs but the ants have definitely beaten us to the figs!

trandtotrandto

a few thousand words…

the blackberries get turned into this !

The Figs, my partner loves ’em wrapped in prosciutto, drizzled with balsamic and baked in the oven. I like mine with a mascapone, lemon and honey mix

Pink AngelPink Angel

My first eggs

narellehnarelleh

wow what beautiful eggs!

we actually have harvested 4 bunches of bananas from the debris of the trees and hopefully they are mature enough to actually ripen – will wait and see but other harvesting is non existent apart from the rainwater…………….

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 307 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.