Aussies Living Simply

What did you harvest today? (Continued)

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Vegetables What did you harvest today? (Continued)

• This topic has 306 replies, 86 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by BelBel.
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 307 total)
  • Author
    adamleoadamleo

2 lettuce plants, a heap of Italian parsley, about 30 cherry tomatoes and 2 roma tomatoes.

I think I’m gonna try make a tomato chutney out of the tomatoes.

With the parsley I usually just chop it all up fine, add a few cloves of chopped garlic and store it in the freezer for use whenever.

Attached files

BelBel

Great haul Adam! I’m guessing you live up north to be getting such a good crop of tomatoes at this time of year? I’m jealous – can’t wait to pick tomatoes here!

I picked more strawbs today – looked much the same as the last picture. Here is some asparagus I picked tonight:

Pulled about 10 small Parsnips, steamed with garlic, the fried with butter ;). Ate strawberries from the bush too.

Lettuce, spinach and the first strawberry.

adamleoadamleo

That asparagus looks beaut! Yep you guessed right, from up north. happy harvesting!

karyn26karyn26

[attachment]C:fakepath01.AVI[/attachment]

The first strawberries from my plants,and still pulling carrots, plenty more of those still in the ground,only harvest those when I need them

karyn26karyn26

sorry cant show you strawberries but they did exist lol

veggie boyveggie boy

Have pulled my sebagos over the last couple of weekends. The late planting resulted in a reduced yield, but I am reasonably happy in the circumstances. Have taken a pic of what is left of the pontiacs and the sebagos. Have eaten quite a few already – the Mrs has made a couple of big potato bakes as well as the usual microwaved tatas with various meals.

Still have some pontiac plants to harvest from the last bed. Don’t expect a great deal more potatoes – maybe a bucket (2 at the most).

Attached files

kerriebkerrieb

Eggs, parsnip and parsley

porgeyporgey

What a great harvest Veggie Boy. Mine are just beginning to flower so I hope to be harvesting my spuddies around the summer solstice. I pulled a plant out the other day and am delighted with the number of new spuds growing so if thats a true representation of the rest of the crop I should get about 200.

Had a good pick of the broadies and had fresh beans for lunch.

espinay2espinay2

lots of lettuce picked for our lunch, plus and artichoke. Also picked some spinach and some spring onions for dinner tonight. Along with some of our eggs they should go nice with some steak! Envious of that asparagus. Mine is still too young to pick.

gartenfeegartenfee

:tup:

we picked Rhubarb and strawberries, yum.

gartenfeegartenfee

[attachment]C:fakepathgardennews 002.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment:2]C:fakepathgardennews 001.JPG[/attachment]

gartenfeegartenfee

sweet_psweet_p

great looking strawbs gartenfee!

today we also harvested some rhubarb along with mint, kale, snowpeas and loquats loquats and more loquats

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 307 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.