Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

What did you harvest today? (Continued)

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Vegetables What did you harvest today? (Continued)

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 307 total)
  • Author
    Forest RavenForest Raven

A few leaves of kale and some parsley, went into a quinoa salad. Oh, and celery!

Also dug out roaming raspberries and temporarily potted them until I can give them away next Saturday.

BobbeeBobbee

:wave:

snails

Bobbs :hug:

Drew86Drew86

About 30 snow peas and 20 Sugar snaps. Not one made it inside… Also a few dozen cherry tomatoes… Excited to find 6 limes (although very tiny) on my native fingerlime tree!

froot_loopzfroot_loopz

these :cheer: and many more to come by the looks of it 😀

Okay this is a nice place for getting news about harvesting. Actually I am firstly trying for this. Can anyone tell me about the seasonal harvests for now?

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Tonight we are having a stir fry and most of the veg came from our garden but the best pick of the day was….

and for a sweet treat these with ice cream

Forest RavenForest Raven

Love the photos froot_loopz and Judi – great addition to “what did you harvest”!

ThalassThalass

I’ve been picking carrots as needed for a week or so, two or three at a time. I’m very happy with them. I’ve also been picking purple climbing beans, but they’re mostly not very nice to eat. I’m not sure if i’m picking them too early, or too late. But the plants are looking a bit manky, so i don’t know if they’re past it or not.

I also have some iceberg lettuce that came from last years failed lettuce crop (they went to seed, now i have random lettuce everywhere.) and i’ve been picking a leaf here and there as needed, and a whole plant once. Though some of them have tiny red bugs on them, which is a bit worrying.

Spinach, lettuce and some snails. 👿

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I picked some more strawberries this morning this arvo will be harvesting snow peas, and will harvest the Lacy Lady pea seed as the vines are now dead…. should have plenty for next season now.

froot_loopzfroot_loopz

an egg :tup:

thats two since I got them on Saturday.

One of the girls I suspect is a few weeks older than the other

froot_loopzfroot_loopz

strawberries and another egg

:tup: froot-loopz on another egg.

Some lettuce that I bought as a seedling 6 weeks ago. :woohoo:

mistyhollowsmistyhollows

A basket of broadbeans :tup:

Forest RavenForest Raven

mistyhollows post=326022 wrote: A basket of broadbeans :tup:

Jealous! 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 307 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.