Aussies Living Simply

What did you harvest today?

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Vegetables What did you harvest today?

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 606 total)
  • Author
    BlueWrenBlueWren

I’m so excited! I think I’m going to have a zucchini……..all the others rotted with the rain, rain, rain ………

BelBel

Prunes?! Are they not dried plums? What do you grow that you call prunes?

Prunes are dried plums, but they are from a particular variety of fresh plums – prune plums. They are delicious fresh and dried.

Tassie TigerTassie Tiger

Potatoes, carrots, zuchinni and silver beet for tea and some raspberries, strawberries and boysenberries for desert. YUM

mistyhollowsmistyhollows

beans, blackberries, marionberries, raspberries and the last of the cherry tomatoes!

Our berries didn’t make it to dessert :woohoo:

Oh, and Pak choy with dinner.

Shangri LaShangri La

Easier than having a baby Blue Wren! I will be picking my second cucumber tomorrow – i must have had twins!

BlueWrenBlueWren

Bel post=301440 wrote:

Prunes?! Are they not dried plums? What do you grow that you call prunes?

Prunes are dried plums, but they are from a particular variety of fresh plums – prune plums. They are delicious fresh and dried.

Thankyou Bel …….. I never knew that! Love learning new things on here.I love prunes too – wonder if a prune plum would grow here.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I picked another zuch today, some corn but the cobs were near empty too much rain I think, and 2 beans as well :laugh:

I’m watching the cucumbers as they seem to have survived the rain.

BlueWrenBlueWren

Shangri La post=301452 wrote: Easier than having a baby Blue Wren! I will be picking my second cucumber tomorrow – i must have had twins!

Yeahhh! I wanted to find some clip art of a zucchini in a baby beanie for that post……it’s growing well, might pick it tomorrow before something else finds it.That plant is a true survivor – the split apricot tree flattened it and then it had to keep going through several deluges , but that may be the only zucch I get.At least it will be all mine, DH can’t stand them.

It’s an extra joy to pick home grown when the shops are empty.French beans with dinner this evening, fritatta with “the girls'” eggs, my herbs and first potatoes, and Poppy’s milk.Also last of the spring onions to add to herbs to make a sauce out of the good bits of cherry tomatoes, but many are beyond any use except compost due to fruit fly.I’m finding the chooks are not too keen on them even before the rotten stage.

pxdavepxdave

hope this works…sister and family landed back from the US today for good and this is the welcome home basket all from our backyard

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Even though most of my garden died in the flooding I picked 3 zuchs, 600gr beans, 4 spring onions and 2 cucumbers.

LindyChookLindyChook

We managed one button squash and then found 3 hiding carrots which we grated into our rissoles (bit too woody to eat as they were).

bushybushy

Nice surprise pxdave…

BlueWrenBlueWren

Judi B post=301844 wrote: Even though most of my garden died in the flooding I picked 3 zuchs, 600gr beans, 4 spring onions and 2 cucumbers.

Hey Judi! Some GOOD news! So glad you are still finding some veg.600gr beans was a good haul!Just hoping we are not going to cop it again tonight but I think we might – severe weather warning still current for this area and I can see lightning to the SE.

10.06pm just checked the radar again. Not looking good for you Judi…….

Sorry …… very off thread.I was thinking this was Judi’s Our Patch thread.

mistyhollowsmistyhollows

Mmmmmmm blackberries, so yummo! Raspberries, more marionberries :woohoo: and Pak Choy to go with dinner’s stir fry plus a couple of stray beans :laugh:

narellehnarelleh

Those 2 bunches of banana’s we cut – one has had over 72 banana’s and the other only 1/3 done so far has had 34 so far. Between passionfruits and banana’s my tummy is beginning to feel:pinch:

Queensland nuts and eggs

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 606 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.