Aussies Living Simply

What did you harvest today?

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Vegetables What did you harvest today?

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 606 total)
  • Author
    busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

:ohmy: That sure is a whopper Bel

MelissaMelissa

Boysenberries, baby bulb fennel, eggs and herbs

kerriebkerrieb

A handful of strawberries, 1/2 doz eggs, lettuce, the first few zucchini, broccoli, chives, a few snow peas (nearly finished now) and the last of the broad beans.

roundthebendroundthebend

Too many eggs!!!!!…………..17 chook eggs and 4 duck eggs out of 20 hens and 5 ducks and 3 of the hens are clucky so not laying. Have been trawling the net for recipes using lots of eggs.

The veggie garden is really struggling as the rain has been consistant all year but still getting beans,shallots,cherry toms,silverbeet. This year there are no lychees or mangoes as the flowers all rotted off. On the bright side………….the cows are vanishing in grass.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

I have been eating beans straight off the bush for the past week (they never make it inside)

just waiting for the first ripe tomato

plus gave away 2doz eggs, and still had plenty left for me

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I’ve picked some strawberries and mulberries to have with cream tonight.

FeyWindFeyWind

Well over half a kilo of logan berries! Freezing most of them…. got to decide whether to keep them frozen for use through the year, or make jam to give away for christmas.

diannedianne
    Participant

roundthebend post=296408 wrote: Too many eggs!!!!!…………..17 chook eggs and 4 duck eggs out of 20 hens and 5 ducks and 3 of the hens are clucky so not laying. Have been trawling the net for recipes using lots of eggs.

The veggie garden is really struggling as the rain has been consistant all year but still getting beans,shallots,cherry toms,silverbeet. This year there are no lychees or mangoes as the flowers all rotted off. On the bright side………….the cows are vanishing in grass.

Could you use the eggs in pasta, then dried for later use? now I have typed it Im gussing you would of already thought of this one:blush:

johnnojohnno

We had some asparagus the other day – sweet. 🙂

narellehnarelleh

* We don’t have too many eggs (and with DD home at this time we have limited use of such anyway cos of her reaction to them) BUT we have passionfruits galore:ohmy: :ohmy: Have been picking 2 buckets every 3 days but this has now increased to 4 buckets every 3 days!!!:pinch: :pinch: Have been giving them away and the freezer is well stocked too! Fills the gap left by mangoes and the small crop of mulberries.

* We ate all the grumichama’s over 2 days standing at the tree……YUMMY:P Must plant more of them!

* Been picking golden zucchinni (I left a small plant when I tp dressed the veg garden for the fallow time and it has powered on)

* Also grapes

* a huge bunch of sugar bananas with bananas about 3 inches wide and as long as cavendish ones!! all that cow poo from RTB’s place;)

* Custard apple have finshed (thank fully cos became quite unfond of them after sooo long)

* have had a lull in pawpaws too but picked 1 yesterday with 3 others colouring too

* 7 yr beans grow quite well but get bugs/grubs or such but goat eats them even like that!

* Star apples have a small crop and we get some most days (most split tho and we feed them to goat so not actually ‘wasted’):whistle:

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

I had a homegrown carrot the other day, only 2 bites big, but still tasty

roundthebendroundthebend

Know what you mean about the passionfruits Narelle, when they start to produce they really lay it on, have frozen a lot of my pulp to use on pavlovas from all the eggs ( DH’s favourite sweets) and have lemons to make lemon butter with the yolks. Also good to hear you have a goat again:)

Still picking purple beans and they have been a real winner in this super wet “dry” season so now looking for some dry days to collect seed from them, the granadilla vine has some huge fruit on and still flowering……must go down again today and hand pollinate a few more.

Other than a few cherry toms, shallots and snake beans there isn’t much in the veggie patch now as I have been slowly shutting down production for the wet season…………..but the freezer is well stocked with excess produce from through the year.

marzmarz

Silverbeet, tomatoes, green beans and garlic – all for my dinner tonight with home-killed pork chop yum!

RavykRavyk

First zucchini! 🙂

jellifusjellifus

Hi Marz sounds like your garden is in full production , sorry I havent answered any invitations to come out to see your garden. We had a death in our family. I am back of track now .We are more committed to eating from our plot milking the cow ,killing our own meat, growing vegies etc.Do you have a cow ? or do you just do vegies Cheers Jellifus

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 606 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.