Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

What did you harvest today?

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Vegetables What did you harvest today?

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 606 total)
  • Author
    sallisalli

A pumpkin and 2 lovely zucchini’s1 AND 8 eggs (4 days worth!)

Tassie TigerTassie Tiger

An uplifting morning in the veggie garden and harvested the following:

The usual giant zeppelins which I gave to a neighbour for their pigs

Some colourful pumpkins

Some “normal” zukes, some johnagold apples from the minature fruit trees we have planted in the berry enclosure to protect them from the pesky possums and a bottle of olive oil from the grove of one of our neighbours.

And, a self sew late season pumpkin that has gone bonkus and supplying pumpkins for those possums.

Yeah its just started pouring with rain but will it last:shrug::(

kerriebkerrieb

Beans, peppers and chillis. As well as the the last three cukes I had been saving for next years seed.

sweet_psweet_p

a couple caps, chilli, a handful of corriander and a bunch of silverbeet for stirfry tonight

Planted potatoes a while ago. Got sweet potatoes instead (NEVER bought sweet potatoes so I don’t know why this happened). Mustn’t have pulled them all out because more grew out of the spot.

Just collected 5 – 6 kilograms of sweet potatoes yesterday. Deliberately left a few in place and planted a few elsewhere for next time. Gotta love the idea of a plant that plants itself by incomplete harvesting. It’s like being lazy during the harvest allows you to be lazy during the planting. Why can’t all things be that simple?

Not bad for something we never planted. Pity about the regular potatoes.

diannedianne
    Participant

@ Tassie Tiger could you please tell me what type of pumpkin you have in the photo, the orange with green strips one.

harooneyharooney

Some oregano and 3 eggs. No big deal but that third egg means that at last another of our 9 POL chickens has started laying. It was quite hilarious to watch her anxiously clucking and searching for a suitable place to lay. First the egg boxes, then she chased me inside and tried to squeeze onto a shelf. Got chucked outside, then raced to another door to get inside, paced up and down and jumped onto the stacked outside chairs on the patio then finally back to the egg boxes and went quiet. Half an hour later (seemed like forever cos I was waiting lol) a long skinny egg! I hope the others will follow suit. They were moved into their new coop last week and after all the glorious rain last week, they are pigging out on all the new green grass shoots springing up everywhere. I think that is what made the difference.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3Sdga4QydH8/S8P43S56cYI/AAAAAAAABeE/TEa8mEzs1AA/s1600/P1010071.JPG

The egg on the right is the newby. A pity the blue/green of the middle egg is washed out.

sweet_psweet_p

Wish we could have chickens…

Picked lots of parsley, oregano for lunch and the last of the leb zucchini.

Now going to get some silverbeet for dinner,

narellehnarelleh

Half a bucket of queensland nuts:metal:

and several limes (will make lime and ginger marmalade:p)

brymarkbrymark

Beetroot, carrots, spring onions 12 eggs ( 3 days worth) Parsley, potatoes and a few apples.

kerriebkerrieb

8 pumpkins, beans and a capsicum

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

More sweet potatoes:clap:, tromboncino and spring onions.

sue esue e

i love the look of those pumpkins tassie. how do they taste? i harvested a couple of cups of chillis which i turned into chilli sauce. much hotness:o! note to self: don’t put in so many seeds and include more capsicum.

many chokos which became more chutney.

a bunch of lady finger bananas.

googies.

not much going on as this was harvested over this week. starting to get ready for autumn now.yay!

sallisalli

Some little spuds, 4 eggs, & some chilli!

BobbeeBobbee

Way to go Sal.

:hug::hug::hug:

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 606 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.