Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

What did you harvest today?

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Vegetables What did you harvest today?

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 606 total)
  • Author
    narellehnarelleh

I am drying them at the moment – I am trying to build up enough to make some sweet chilli sauce – with capsicum to ‘cool’ it down a bit;)

shadowdancershadowdancer

A few crabapples the other day, that I actually made around a cup full of Jam for my Dad for christmas 😀 (He gave me the tree!), and today was 3 good sized zuccini’s; a few blueberries; a blackberry that escaped the birds attentions! and a couple of green tomatoes (Black Russians, courtesy of Spanner!!!)

BobbeeBobbee

Loquats……and some loquats, and 2 whole yummy blueberries and loquats and 2 handfuls of raspberries and loquats and sidepick lettuce and onion tops and baby perennial spinach and guess what………..LOQUATS!

:hug::hug::hug:

Not really THAT many loquats but we do have a lot and there always seems to be loquats to eat/pick. :lol::lol:

:hug::hug::hug:

Oh and I nearly forgot , DH came in with the first sanderosa plum for the season. :tup::tup::tup:

roundthebendroundthebend

Picked star fruit this morning en route from the chook pen and will pic some lychee later this afternoon………………..nice change from mangoes!

Tassie TigerTassie Tiger

Dug up the garlic crop yesterday and will harvest beet root and peas today.

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

Tassie Tiger, can I ask you how you prepare your garlic for storing please. Have seen your last huge harvest of Garlic on racks, but do you leave them out in the sun for a day before putting them inside?

Cheers

Lizzie

Tassie TigerTassie Tiger

All we do is remove the dirty outer paper skins on the bulbs of cloves, leave them on the rack or table for the tops to dry off. We don’t leave them outside. Once the tops are dry we either plait them as gifts or remove the tops. Long term storage is not a problem as we have six families involved in the crop and last year we sold a large quantity to a local resturant supplier. This year we are hoping to sell to the local grocery stores.

It is interesting, I have just finsihed cleaning this year’s crop and looking at it in comparison to last year it does not look as good yet last year we were in drought and this year we got record rainfalls. Nature is a funny and wonderous thing:shrug:

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

Thanks TT, will go and harvest mine today as well. Its great that you can share yours around and even sell it. Bulbs seem to like the dry abit more then the wet I suppose. Thanks again.:tup:

narellehnarelleh

mulberries and eggs -phew bit of a break from mangoes;)

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

4 Zuchs and 2kg Youngberries. Oh and 50 bulbs Garlic.

diannedianne
    Participant

these are so cute I had to show..

Tassie TigerTassie Tiger

Picked and gathered these various berrys to have on my porridge although the cackle berries are better poached on toast;)

ChezzaChezza
    Participant

They are very cute, dianne…

Yep, cackleberries are better left off porridge, TT… 😆

NexNex

I disagree, custard porridge is delicious!

narellehnarelleh

we have a real variety today

1 HUGE bunch bananas; star apples; passionfruit; mulberries (now have mulberry liqueur steeping), cherry toms; more chillies and our FIRST PINEAPPLE:tup:

Plus 3 eggs

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 606 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.