Aussies Living Simply

What did you harvest today?

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Vegetables What did you harvest today?

Viewing 15 posts - 856 through 870 (of 881 total)
  • Author
    jeanette kirkJeanie
    Participant

Yellow banana capsicums,yellow toms + tiny cucumbers

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

Another pile of zucchini and squash, a cucumber, some banana capsicums, 3 cox’s orange pippins and I tried a satsuma plum and a nectarine but they’re not quite ready yet.

Noticed that some critter has stolen all my almonds off the tree. Never thought to net that one :confused:

bellabella

I picked 3 huge Jap pumpkins before they split or rot. Cleaned them off and storing in the laundry. I have to do this most wet seasons or I lose heaps.

Also got a bucket of chokos.

Yesterday dug up over 10kg of sweet potato. Bartered some, cooked some, gifted some, and will try to use the rest up before we go away.

Other than that, a few cherry guavas, passionfruit, the odd tomato, handful of cherry tomatoes, some greens to stir-fry, herbs for the yoghurt-cheese and not enough eggs from our many chickens (on strike again?)…

laurielaurie

I picked 5 kinds of tomatoes, cucumbers, basil, mint & gerberas. My favoriate are the Big yellow tomatoes.

Laurie.

http://www.geelonghydroponicgardening.com

DocDoc

Hi all :wave:

Today we picked a couple of big buckets of mulberries. Yum :tup:

If you want to know how to make my special mulberry juice or some mulberry cordial you can check out my blog over here.

mulberryingly yours

Doc 😉

Edited coz I had the wrong piccy :jawdrop:

narellehnarelleh

This morn in the m,isty rain I picked

the last mango 🙁 (someone else has already had a nibble tho)

limes

lemons

2 doz queensland nuts :tup:

passionfruit

eggs (the little green one is alot larger now)

edensgateedensgate

What the heck should I do with all these jalapeno chilis!!?

Yes, we’re collecting passionfruit, maca-nuts and limes too. No mangos at all this year.

supergransupergran

Tomatoes and more and more.

Basil to add to the tomato soup

Lettuce leaves

Carrots

KippenKippen

My first bananas! They’re tiny, but wonderfully sweet.

vicki tvicki t

soooo hot here, but got some strawberries, silverbeet, snowpeas, carrots:tup:

rockkandyrockkandy

Pears about 40kg in 40degree heat and I’m knackered.

But happy I have boxes of pears! Peaches tomorrow

narellehnarelleh

I picked basil, oregano, climbing spinach to add to our dinner.

I picked 1 passion fruit, several lemons and several handfuls of queensland nuts – yummo:tup:

KatieKKatieK

A pleasant surprise after the recent rain, the cucumbers started producing again, so picked a couple of those, plus a small handful of beans (another restarter) – thought they’d all died in the recent heat and was trying to get motivated to clean up the vegie patch & prep for a replant. Just goes to show you there’s an upside to being lazy 😀 .

Plus shallots, rocket, capsicum (yellow & green), basil, 3 beautiful figs (yum!), a passion, 6 mangoes and some Macca nuts.

I have been picking heaps of cucumbers – I like to pick them when they are little and juicy. Also picking okra, basil, tomatoes and beans.

porgeyporgey

Oh the delights of northern living, Mangos, Avos, Macca nuts etc. Im jealous. However I do have beautiful Watermelons and Rockmelons, Tomatoes, Corn, Pumpkins etc to pick soon. This morning I picked some beautiful Snow Peas for lunch and will harvest some Beans and Silverbeet for dinner. No Rhubarb sadly but can buy some from the local organic farm. Cheers GR.

Viewing 15 posts - 856 through 870 (of 881 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.