Aussies Living Simply

What did you harvest today?

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Vegetables What did you harvest today?

Viewing 15 posts - 841 through 855 (of 881 total)
  • Author
    Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

About 3 kgs plums (off our ornamental plum trees :confused: )

About 10 kgs apricots – still lots left on the tree.

marigoldmarigold

a bright orangey – yellow cucumber. How it ever got to that stage without me seeing it I’ll never know!

It’d be great for seeds, except I don’t like the cucumbers:rip: Never had prickles in my fingers before:o

I’m sure they aren’t what I ordered from Diggers:(

roundthebendroundthebend

Had a slop around the vege patch and most of this is going to oldies in town………………can only eat so much on your own.

It has been so wet that some of the paw paws trees growing on a high slope are starting to rot:confused:, the young citrus fruit are splitting and dropping off and even some of the pumpkins and watermelons are splitting. I have recorded just under 600mls of rain since the wet started on the 5th.

chookychooky

My first harvest of finger limes and I have to say it’s a bit of work. Is there any quick way to get out the pips? And is it best to freeze the pulp squished or still in their little polyps?

roundthebendroundthebend

Still slipping around in the mud, weeds and vines………but worth it:D

narellehnarelleh

bunch of bananas

passionfruit

eggs

climbing spinach leaves

basil

mango (only 1 more on tree)

yes rtb some of our citrus have split as well and the stingy things are getting to bananas more as well

ooh i see u have carambolas …….mmmm

pxdavepxdave

todays harvest….including one wacky zucchini

debby-leedebby-lee

RTB those white eggplants looks beautiful. So shiny and perfect. I think I could easliy be convinced to invest in those instead of the black ones.

lollie3lollie3

I got a heap of Rosellas to be picked I do not know what to do with them though lol.

on Thursday I harvested4 Raspberries (DELISH) and pulled what carrots I had in the ground peeled them sliced them and then boiled them drained them and poured some Honey over them (DELISH).

Also picked and Ox Heart Tommie too and tied up the stems and the poor tomato bushes and loaded with toms just waiting fro them the rippen now.

narellehnarelleh

The easiest thing to do with rosellas is to make rosella jelly. (It’s like guava jelly – use it as jam)

It is a beautiful colour red and soooo yummy and is really easy to make. No chopping or cutting only boiling, measuring and straining.

I’ll dig out the quantities and times and post it here later 😀

lollie3lollie3

that would be a great help narellah thank you

Roma tomatoes.

anneatbeckeranneatbecker

Sixteen Tommy Toe tomatoes (seeds courtesy of dierich) all from plants in pots as planting in ground is not an option.

bronibroni

Silverbeet, carrots, and two eggs from my two girls. (That would be one each!)

magsmags

tomatoes, baby carrots and sadly disappointing beetroots. The beetroots just didnt seem to grow, even though I loved them and watered them. Anyone else with similar poor crops of beets?

Also when I pulled out a row of carrots in amongst them all was one yellowish parsnip. How did that get there? I havent planted parsnips ever in that garden.

Viewing 15 posts - 841 through 855 (of 881 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.