Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

What did you harvest today?

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Vegetables What did you harvest today?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 881 total)
  • Author
    fmllfmll

I’m stealing the idea from the “What did you plant today?” thread of what did you take from your own garden to eat or make something with?

I plucked off my first lot of lettuce leaves to make a salad. This is the first time I have ever eaten anything from my own garden. Yay!

Well done Felicity,

We started our garden last year and this feeling lasts. Each new flower and budding fruit or vegetable, ripening into something to eat, is just amazing. Then you taste it, wonderful.

We had our first broccoli on the weekend. It even smells better.

jaymesjaymes

yesterday we harvested three jade perch, some ceylon spinach, some parsley, some brazillian spinach, some garlic chives, some chives, some sweet leaf. This got cooked up with some rice for a very nice dinner 😀

Tonight I’ll pick some more of the greens for the salad to go with fajitas 😀

osakasuzosakasuz

Yum, Jaymie – I’m so jealous of the aquaponics! I am trying to convince DH that we need one!

I haven’t harvested today yet, but we will be having a soup made from choko, leek, pumpkin, garlic and some greens like silverbeet and mizuna. I’ll add some homemade lamb stock (not our lamb though!) and poach one of our eggs for each bowl. The extra protein gives the vege soup more sticking power and adds a yummy dimension when the yolk, half cooked runs out into the soup. MMMM!:D

LeecyLeecy

I got 5 eggs from our 5 girls and in turn, they 5 girls managed to harvest my tomato plants…. only sticks left 🙁

I have just been grazing and ate some snow peas and cherry tomatoes. I really need to find some more things to do with chili, capsicum and silverbeat! (or find someone to swap with).

baringaparkbaringapark

There was a thread like this somewhere in the depths of the forum…was getting a bit big anyway…um for our meal tonight I have dug some spuds, put some pork in the slow cooker this morn, plucked a few chillis and will add homegrown pumpkin, celery, lettuce and maybe a bok choy.

jennifer gjennifer g

lettuce and cucumber for our sandwiches and zucchinis for more relish..Isn’t it great to pick your lunch Felicity!

I noticed that I will be able to munch on snow peas and tomatoes again very soon and the rocket is nearly ready too…..YAY the broccoli will be ready to pick in a few weeks and i can’t wait to sink my teeth into it…fresh and uncooked.

paulaorganicpaulaorganic

Our garden gave us some lettuce, spinach, cherry tomatoes, passionfruits, macadamia nuts and some red dragon fruits today.

LeecyLeecy

how do you know when they are ripe paula? (the dragonfruit)

narellehnarelleh

Today I picked passionfruit, mandarines, oranges, cherry toms, oranges – quiet day today

jennifer gjennifer g

drooling here over those passionfruit and dragon fruit YUMMMM you lucjky thing Paula!

osakasuzosakasuz

Phwoar! Nice dragonfruit, Paula!:tup:

dustygrl70dustygrl70

We cut back and harvested yellow pear tomatoes yesterday arvo… now trying to work out what to do with them!

paulaorganicpaulaorganic

What a great harvest of tomatoes Em.:tup:

Elliceh, they turn from green to a real red colour. Its so red that you can see it from the outside. How is your cutting going that I sent you.

I’ve been taking bits off my one for the last few months, and have been sticking them in all around the garden but they don’t seem to be doing anything at all. Maybe once it starts to warm up again they will take off.

They are so easy to look after Jen and Suz, just stick a piece in the ground and it never needs watering, never gets any bugs and has the most wonderful flower, which only lasts one night.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 881 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.