Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

What did you do today?

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up What did you do today?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,471 through 1,485 (of 1,696 total)
  • Author
    SnagsSnags

5 down 1 to go for the first bit….. wooohoo

AUSSIEDOWNUNDERAUSSIEDOWNUNDER
    Participant

Has anybody worked out how to post photos

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Not me that is way beyond my computer skills.

SnagsSnags

On other forums you can hotlink not here

SnagsSnags

Stepped away from the steps for a day,I cleaned gutters for the rains coming in the next few days and planted my seeds I got in the mail from Ebay,peas beans cucumbers will need to get onto the leeks and onions….$2.5 for a leek is disgusting and I love them.

SnagsSnags

Tweaked the path a bit more to go tomorrow and stage 1 is finished,then its going to rain for a few days let the cement dry and get ready for stage 2 next week,stage 2 is a bit more tricky there will only be 3 or 5 steps there but closer together as it drops of sharply…I need to get this bit right as its an important part of the rhythm,long steps ,quick steps, long steps,quick steps long steps….the quick steps are for the really steep bits

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Sounds like you are dancing down the garden path snags :smiley:

SnagsSnags

Thats the future at the moment its lots of kneeling and scratching my head but Im enjoying it and looking forward to the finished product….Ive never done stone masonry before or built steps, so its a nice learning experience,Im ready to sculpt in stone…hopefully the urge is still with me at the end,I could end up building some nice things.

SnagsSnags

Everything from stage 1 was cleaned up soil and gravel replaced ready for some rains tomorrow to test the drainage

SnagsSnags

I planted some zucchini and parsnips,fingers crossed

SnagsSnags

Welcome back
    still 2 stepping

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

we seemed to be in the land of the missing for awhile this time

SnagsSnags

My peas and beans have sprouted in the meantime ,Zucchini and parsnips nothing yet

AUSSIEDOWNUNDERAUSSIEDOWNUNDER
    Participant

Biggest tomato 12 in high in the hot house

SnagsSnags

My tomatoes are doing well too, they love the Queensland climate most of the year,except the wet season…Ive got little green ones on one plant,everything just self seeds now form the original seeds I bought nearly 10 years ago…when their time is right up they come,when its too hot and wet nothing happens

Viewing 15 posts - 1,471 through 1,485 (of 1,696 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.