Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

What did you do today?

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up What did you do today?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,366 through 1,380 (of 1,696 total)
  • Author
    ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Do you quilt by hand or machine calliecat? I have always done mine by hand but my eye sight isn’t as good as it used to be

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

machine so far, I’ve only really done lap or single quilts, nothing big
    but I have discovered a great way of doing quilt as you go, so that could be my thing for the next lot

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

That sounds interesting, do you do them in blocks and then join together?

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

yes, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji8BLS2rNHA
    I did half of one and swore I would never do another one, then I saw this video

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Thanks calliecat that is a great way to do it.

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

I have a question for the gardeners. Can I give magnolia s the same food as camellias? Why I ask is I have a nearly full bag of camellia/azalea food which isn’t being used and I wondered if it would be OK to put some on my magnolia s.

SnagsSnags

I would think so as they all like an acid soil

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Thanks snags. I will try it and see. Our area isn’t really the right place to grow magnolias but I do love them.

SnagsSnags

We got a little rain so Im a little happy

AlisonCAlisonC

So where do I have to shift my house to so that I can benefit from this little bit of rain? I am reaching the conclusion that clouds only appear to remind me that they are on their way to somewhere else before they drop any rain. (And of course if it rains too much I will grumble about that too – that’s the rules isn’t it?)

SnagsSnags

Good thing is we weren’t supposed to get any until tomorrow so I hope it didnt come early

AlisonCAlisonC

Ouch! That almost sounds like salt being rubbed into a wound!

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

We have rain forecast for Saturday, I will believe it when i see it. We surely need it though.

SnagsSnags

Had the wallabies removing the only green grass I have around the vineyard this morning,they did a great job just sniffed at the vines and only ate grass….Its the only grass I have because I have been watering the vines to try and keep them alive

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

I wish the roos would eat the weedy wattles bur no they only attack my wanted trees.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,366 through 1,380 (of 1,696 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.