Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

What did you do today?

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up What did you do today?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,351 through 1,365 (of 1,696 total)
  • Author
    AUSSIEDOWNUNDERAUSSIEDOWNUNDER
    Participant

Whats a semi colon??

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

: colon :smiley:

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

; is a semi colon

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

The smiley faces only work on my computer using a :

AlisonCAlisonC

It’s that little punctuation mark just before the h in callie’s second last post

AlisonCAlisonC

Today I made a fresh batch of laundry liquid. That should last us for at least another 6 months.

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Yes AlisonC just type in: then smileys drop down and then you choose which one you want.
    How do you make your laundry liquid?

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

the one underneath the colon,
    ; semi

: not semi 🙂

SnagsSnags

Reactivated my milk kefir…..it sat in the fridge for over 3 years in a jar with milk….I took them out, gave them a wash and put them in some fresh milk less than 12 hours later kefir milk….Unbelievable

AlisonCAlisonC

I learned to make laundry liquid from the instructions in Rhonda Hetzel’s book called “Down to Earth”. But I make mine with a cupful of grated sunlight soap which is then completely dissolved in 1.5 litres of warm water (stir it in a pot on the stove – you will feel like you are cooking up a magic brew). When the soap is dissolved I add in half a cup of washing soda and stir it a bit more till it goes thick. (Some people like to add borax too but I don’t do that as its not great for the garden and the manufacturer of our domestic waste treatment system was unsure if it would cause us problems therein.) Then I chuck the potion in a bucket and add about another 8 litres of tap water. Decant into empty milk containers and leave a bit of space at the top of each one (so you can shake it back up when it separates). Very gentle on the environment. It makes no suds so if you can’t believe your clothes are really clean unless you see bubbles… this may not be for you. WE use a twin tub washer and add about half a cup full to our wash load.

SnagsSnags

Sounds good probably works out lots lots cheaper too….does it get oil stains or tomato stains out of cotton t shirts …Im hopless with spag and salad

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

I will try your way as using borax has always turned me off. 🙂

AlisonCAlisonC

Tried to respond here. Can’t for some reason.

AlisonCAlisonC

Laundry liquid costs about one tenth of commercial equivalent. Rubbing on stains undiluted usually works. I think this site does not like the percentage sign. As using it seems to be when it won’t let me post.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

I do my own also, at the moment I’m cleaning/tidying/not much of it – the sewing/craft room, cos I want to get quilting again

Viewing 15 posts - 1,351 through 1,365 (of 1,696 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.