Aussies Living Simply

What did you do today?

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up What did you do today?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,321 through 1,335 (of 1,696 total)
  • Author

The cockies can be really distructive, watched a flock at a sheep sale once that stripped all the leaves of the gum trees at the yards.
    Been busy cleaning out old veggie beds and topping with manure and compost ready for the next plantings.
    Also readying my little campervan for a few months travelling starting at the end of April.

AUSSIEDOWNUNDERAUSSIEDOWNUNDER
    Participant

Removed all the tomatoes from the hot house and planted a few new ones trying for a second crop

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

DS first attempt at hydroponics has been very successful lots of tomatoes,chilli,capsicum and egg plants. He is also trying kiwi fruit and passion fruit, both of which are growing well.

SnagsSnags

Travel is always good ….North or South?…………Ive been keeping an eye on massively cheap airfares to Vietnam and Japan…..maybe later in the year

AUSSIEDOWNUNDERAUSSIEDOWNUNDER
    Participant

Passion fruit I have 2 in a wicking bed last year 1 only this year over 50 just starting to ripen

I have to go north from Tasmania Snags LOL
    Sounds like a nice crop of passionfruit AUSSIEDOWNUNDER!

SnagsSnags

My passion fruit came up by bird poo in the wicking bed so far I only have 3 fruit the crows have knocked a few off green to check them out.

LioraLiora
    Participant

Ballamara, it’s great to hear your do is having success with his hydroponics. ADU nice crop of passionfruit. It’s a strange TFB today, while its 30 and windy now, to start the day I had to hose frost off the car windows/screen.

SnagsSnags

All predictions for rain this week have been changed to not raining,its bloody hard I keep watering the trees thinking 1 more day and that day keeps getting moved…..The climate has definitely changed

LioraLiora
    Participant

Ughh, hearing you Snags.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

DTE is closing down, a few of the old ones are asking if this is still running, – I’ve told them yes we are and we need them
    might see a bit of an influx in the next couple of weeks

MistyHMistyH
    Participant

Ah ha calliecat, I made it back in! I think you may be right. I even have my old pumpkin avatar from the pumpkin growing competition.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

hi – good to see you, I have no idea regarding people trying to get back in re captcha and ipads – have no idea

MistyHMistyH
    Participant

Several people have commented on the DTE forum that they are trying to sign up here but the security recaptcha won’t work. I wonder if anyone could help?

BlinkyBlinky

Hey calliecat and MistyH – I’m in – lots of others still wanting help though

Viewing 15 posts - 1,321 through 1,335 (of 1,696 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.