Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

What did you do today?

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up What did you do today?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,291 through 1,305 (of 1,696 total)
  • Author
    SnagsSnags

Pruned, weeded and tied up the vineyard,they are getting hit hard by grasshoppers,if its not caterpillars its grasshoppers…..they just need to get enough growth to be able to sacrifice some leaves…..Pretty happy with a few of them shooting up to the top wire already…..others are alive but gone backwards…one leaf forward 2 leaves chewed back

SnagsSnags

Avoided people wearing flag capes

LioraLiora
    Participant

Kids went camping, had grand babies for a sleepover, kept up the water to the garden and a spot of weeding. Exhausted :tired_face:

SnagsSnags

Chinese New Year today……. feasting auspiciously

LioraLiora
    Participant

Lots of watering in preparation of tomorrow’s TFB in Victoria

SnagsSnags

I keep looking at rain fall maps and predictions….its always missing me….its the wet season apparently……and I keep having to water……got heaps more mulch to put down too

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

I know how you feel snags, the rain seems to miss us more often than not even down here.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

misses me to unfortunately

SnagsSnags

I cant ever remember having to water during a wet season in the last 15 years

SnagsSnags

Its raining in the desert but not here

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

That stinks, I feel for you snags and calliecat.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

got another week of this horrid weather.
    the way things are going, I’ll be doing all my gardening in autumn and winter like they do up north, cos it’s just too hot out there for anything, and last year we didn’t really have a winter, –

SnagsSnags

We got a drizzle today…Im a bit excited…. I will still have to go out and water but its at least overcast and nice cool breeze….Ive been putting down lots of coco peat to try and hold some moisture ,,,,the tomatoes potatoes and cucumbers seem to like it ,they have put on some green growth, rather than looking yellowish and standing still before.

SnagsSnags

Had to pick my chin up of the floor today after I got my bill for fixing the car.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

I had one of those last time,
    took me ages to pay it off

Viewing 15 posts - 1,291 through 1,305 (of 1,696 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.