Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

What did you do today?

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up What did you do today?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,141 through 1,155 (of 1,696 total)
  • Author
    Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

callie I’ll take your rat if you’ll take some of our ants I can let you have a few million  …… finding them all over the place but really bad in the kitchen, bathroom and laundry and we are pretty sure they have set up home in the door have to save up and get a solid door.
    Will be going outside soon to plant another tree, Bailey’s cypress pine should do well.

SnagsSnags

I just got a rat trap and some peanut butter and a few mouse traps today…….
    The mice are digging into my raised garden beds I flood and block the hole theres a new one tomorrow….I had my wicker coach downstairs in storage for a while when I bought it upstairs to replace my dead chesterfield it had a hole in the arm and a mummified rat inside the arm…I fixed the hole with some wicker from under neath and a glue gun and you cant tell,,,,,,,,,So I thought I would leave a rat trap and some baits on patrol down stairs…and a few mouse traps on patrol in the garden beds…..They are filthy destructive  things and snake bait….

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

I have trouble with field mice occasionally, but a RAT that is to horrible to contemplate. The last time a mouse dared to come in the laundry Anna the lab. had a great time chasing it I think she did more damage than the mouse. It did die of fright though.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

the offer sounds very tempting Judi,
    Liora, my dogs would let it run past them and probably welcome him to the family
    put lots of bait down again, behind the bookshelf, door closed, but the dogs can’t get to it anyway
    I open that door each morning, very dubiously – I don’t do dead

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

I don’t do dead either, DH has to do all that stuff. 

LioraLiora
    Participant

I was hoping to pop on here to read of an overnight ratty success story. You surely will have some luck soon :smiley:

SnagsSnags

Got my new wheel barrow tyre in the post so theres no excuses not to move dirt now……insert sad gif….lol

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

iora, it coud be dead under the bookshelf for all I know, you wanna come and check it out?? lol
    if so I’ll let it frizzle up a bit first,

get working snags, get working 🙂

Nice not to be battling rats calliecat!   But have discovered Tasmania’s jumping ants……………….bitey little blighters feel just like the ground green ant when they get you.

But have finished moving 15 azalias and hundreds of bulb which were all in an area of 15 feet X 15 feet and there are still 2 large rose bushes, a camelia tree, helibours and more bulbs in that small area, they were choking each other out.
    SnagsSnags

we have these little black ants under the washing line that give a good sting everytime you hang out the washing,they just look like ordinary ants but ouch

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

ANTS I’m so over them….. came home today from a bit of shopping to find the bathroom taps had turned black millions of ants at the taps looking for moisture

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

not swapping Judi
    hoping my problem is dead, if not, I have the big guns as plan b, – a friends jack russel terriers

SnagsSnags

Mulching lots of mulching,Im going away for a while soon, so just trying to get mulch down and hope for rain while Im away

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

hoping for some rain here as well,
    not sure yet if my problem is dead?? – vacuumed everywhere yesterday, and shifted things, and still sorting through things, what to keep, what to throw out, packed lots of jars in boxes, cleaned, tidied and sorted out my little storage room I have etc
    was quite busy yesterday

SnagsSnags

I haven’t baited my problem yet,found the storage room door open this morning, so anything could have crawled in last night,which is a worry…I will bait and set a rat trap down there see what it snaps down on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,141 through 1,155 (of 1,696 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.