Aussies Living Simply

What did you do today?

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up What did you do today?

Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 1,696 total)
  • Author
    calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

green tree snake woudln’t worry me snags, – it’s the others  :-O

SnagsSnags

I like them and goannas the more I have the less food and lodgings for the others.I was just surprised how easily something that big disappeared.I lost a brown snake in very shortly mown lawn once too.They are so quick and must flatten out of something.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

oh yes they are super quick and can hide in the most smallest of places

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I was thinking of getting midyim cuttings in spring.
    callie I get out in the garden every single day 2hrs today but mine is still a mess, I pulled out some weedy grasses and picked up a broc box and there was a huge centipede hiding there it tried to got down a crack in the ground but was too big it went under another so that was the end of weeding there for today.
    Saturday we went to Kingaroy darling cheap hubby was going to go to the chinese resturant and buy us a special meal for our anniversary………well being the weekend they don’t have the lunch time special, so went shopping and bought me a vacuum cleaner ….. would have preferred a load of horse manure.
    Had a lovely day yesterday looking around a permie garden plants hidden under things and got to come home with some cuttings mugwort and buddleia I’ve lost all of mine in the past 5 years what didn’t die in the floods ended up getting blown and hailed to bits.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

done the washing, vacc and washed the kitchen floor, it didn’t get done yesterday,
    very exciting stuff

SnagsSnags

Just collected massive bunches of herbs and hung them around the house to dry.
    Greek oregano,regular oregano,Turkish thyme,Lemon thyme,sage and marjoram.
    I hang them near the doors and windows off the curtain rails to perfume the house keep out the flys and get a regular dry wind.The smaller leafed ones are in mesh fruit bags I bought for fruit flys,they work well,I did chillies in them too.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

sounds nice snags 🙂

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

another 3hrs of chop and drop I also managed to plant a few things native violets and borage.
    I’ve also potted on some more stuff cuttings of rosemary and lavender, still have to do cuttings of clove pinks and lemon balm.
    I hope to get to the Wondai Garden Expo tomorrow… I want to get some fruit trees.

SnagsSnags

Finally got the belt for the washing machine and did a load after 3 weeks or so.
    Also fixed the dishwasher so very pleased with myself.

AUSSIEDOWNUNDERAUSSIEDOWNUNDER
    Participant

Picked the last 0f the tomato crop

LioraLiora
    Participant

Snags that fabulous, well done on the repairs. Judi B, I’ve never heard of clove pinks! Aussiedownunder, the last tomato is satisfying and disappointing news ing all at once; did it make a sandwich?

Participant

Actually there was a few so fried on toast

Participant
    calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

the last few days – not much

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Liora clove pinks are a Dianthus the one I have is a semi double and the prettiest pink has a beautiful perfume and I’ve been growing this one for over 40 yrs.
    callie you OK?? the weather has been good to be outside I wanted to do a bit more in the garden today.
    I did a little more potting on of rosemary cuttings and planted a canary creeper nasturtium before we went to the garden expo I must have been a little sick as I didn’t buy any plants but was given some sheep sorrel by a friend there.
    I’m now so tired I want to go to bed

Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 1,696 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.