Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

What did you do today?

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up What did you do today?

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 1,696 total)
  • Author
    SnagsSnags

I ate hot cross buns for breakfast and f n c’s for lunch
    Lasagne is the traditional Easter feast of choice around here
    Celebrated the Autumn equinox last weekend with blackberries,apples, mushrooms and wine

AUSSIEDOWNUNDERAUSSIEDOWNUNDER
    Participant

serial for brecky and hotxbuns for lunch

We have a kilo of prawns to eat for tea

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I got busy in the garden today, did a bit more mulching, put compost in the garden where I want to plant peas but I have an infestation of nematodes so watered in molasses I hope it works, chopped up some more Tipuana and put under the citrus, have started pulling out the cosmos and will need to thin out the arrowroot, started more seed…. midyim berry, callistemon and parsley.

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Happy Easter everyone. 🙂

SnagsSnags

The bunny came here so everyone is happy :)………………I get lots of nematodes I use molasses and marigolds seems to work, so does mustard but never tried it myself,yet.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I didn’t notice nematodes last year when I pulled out some tomatoes so I planted the tromboncino after adding a bit more compost I know about marigolds but haven’t got time for them to grow before it gets too cold to plant my peas….. I planted some bush peas in another part of the garden which had been fallow for 10 months and will plant the climbing ones tomorrow.
    We had a nice drop of rain 23mm which filled our tank, I wanted to go into Winter with a full tank last thing we want to do is buy town water and bottled water for drinking.

LioraLiora
    Participant

A nice Easter was had here, had an Easter hunt for the grand babies who are at that lovely age where everything is a delight and a surprise. Finally got a trailer load of Alpaca poo and distributed it to the garden. Added some flowers and roses between the veggies. The perpetual leeks have taken over and the garlic I missed during the harvesting has started to sprout so I’m not sure how they will go, but I have lots in the shed to plant on the shortest day :smiley: Rain please, Judy send some over!

HumanFriendHumanFriend

Watching repeats of Merlin and Dr Who.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

market today, got some vegies then mowed – hate mowing and everyone around me knows it lol

Participant

Dident wind the clocks back so got up 1 hr early :))

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Neither did my son who rang at 5am to say he couldn’t come over. Needless to say I am up early also .

LioraLiora
    Participant

Had a good weekend at the Man from Snowy river festival at Corryong. Planted beans and camomile on return.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I was a good girl at the markets on Saturday I didn’t buy any plants 🙂
    I did get a bargain on capsicums fill a bag $3 so today I will have to slice and freeze them. I also bought some dragonfruit and star fruit/carambola so we had fruit salad.
    This morning on my walk around I found 3 small asparagus plants so potted them up, checked the older asparagus plants and they have sent up some new spears so we might have some in a stirfry tonight.
    Callie you only have a small bit to mow.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

i forgot to go back for those caps
    meant to get some myself

need whipper snipper to get right up against the beds and tanks etc

Participant

working on the petrol powered mulcher shredder I picked up at a clearance sale at the weekend

$150 bargan

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 1,696 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.