Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

What did you do today?

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up What did you do today?

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 1,696 total)
  • Author
    JazJaz

Nothing! and nothing achieved all week, so over the humidity! Thankful for the rain though, got 25mm earlier in the week! Looking forward to the return of normal Adelaide weather this week.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

we had a small but heavy shower as people were leaving, so that was good timing

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

well calliecat’s garden is doing much better than mine, I haven’t had time for it with clearing up all the storm damage and having to do the last bits with a pruning saw as the chainsaw spat the dummy.
    Today has been ups and downs again…. ups: seed I bought is finally growing planted 12 seed all up now and the last 4 are growing, got to have a chat with our resident jacky dragons all 3 of them, checked out the fish and frogs 14 baby frogs still hanging around, 2 medium sized frogs sitting in the back of the car … downs: just before I spotted a tree snake sniffing at the car.
    I’ve started some rosemary cuttings and did a bit of a cleanup of the lavender so ended up with some of those too

SnagsSnags

Nice heavy rain last night so no need for watering,I just need to tame the choko a bit,stir fry tomorrow will get some shoots in it.

LioraLiora
    Participant

I’ve got choko envy, ours didn’t survive the move and they seems hard to find here. We had the white choko, we loved the fruit roasted.

SnagsSnags

Its the first choko to survive here,Ive tried a few green and then found a white,its in a raised bed growing over a rio trellis, survived 6 months without water so its tough,still hasnt fruited yet,its coming close to a year.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I think this property hates me I love choko but can’t keep one growing… I’ve tried several times and I’ve only ever got to pick 6… I had one that I nursed right through the winter it had started to climb then the hail storm made it into mush.
    I picked the zuchs yesterday as something had chewed a hole into the ones I was keeping for seed, I’m going to open up the tromboncino to see if there are many seeds.
    I weeded out one of the frog ponds today the water hyacinth had got out of control, will let it dry out for a few days then chop it for mulch around some of the trees.

AUSSIEDOWNUNDERAUSSIEDOWNUNDER
    Participant

BOO where is everybody

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I’ve been in the garden …. where has everyone else been?

SnagsSnags

Eating corned beef and cabbage for St Patricks day

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

still here

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

I’m still here.The heat has been getting to me lately.

AUSSIEDOWNUNDERAUSSIEDOWNUNDER
    Participant

Rained from 11 pm still raining

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

We have had a little rain, just after DH spent 2 hours watering.

HumanFriendHumanFriend

they said showers, they said storms, but there’s nothing 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 1,696 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.