Aussies Living Simply

What did you do today?

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up What did you do today?

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 1,696 total)
  • Author
    LioraLiora
    Participant

And more hand watering

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I did some more weeding today… chop and drop, didn’t water as the hose at the dam needs looking at.

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Watering here in the semi dark as it is going to be another hot day 🙁

SnagsSnags

We have had some good rains so no need for watering.Im in a holding pattern I dont want to plant stuff as I will be going away in a month or so for a month or so.

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

I won’t be planting until we have some consistent autumn rains as the tanks wont hold out for ever.

LioraLiora
    Participant

Set up solar panel to run radio/cd player, mobile phone recharger, speakers and led strip lighting. Taught youngest boys how to solder the regulator on and set the small unit up…. and more watering :grimace:

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

‘ll be watering tonight, just realised I haven’t watered for a while – oops

AUSSIEDOWNUNDERAUSSIEDOWNUNDER
    Participant

Bottled [canned ] 15 bottles of green tomatoes

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

What do you use the green tomatoes for I tried making pickles out of them once but didn’t like it.

LioraLiora
    Participant

Rain!! :smiley: actual water going into the new waterpark and finally the garden! The only difficulty I see to this simplified scaled down living, is that my roof catching capabilities is very small and it will take a long time to fill the tank, still, in it is dribbling! Woohoo

AUSSIEDOWNUNDERAUSSIEDOWNUNDER
    Participant

Green toms I remember dad making them  they were nice in a sandwich on cold meat

Yes I also made pickles they taste great in silverside

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I did some more weeding it just never ends.
    callie you had better make sure you water the garden well you don’t want us to think you can’t even grow weeds 🙂   weeds here are looking dry so pulling them for chop and drop mulching
    I picked the pumpkins all seven of them have given some to a neighbour, picked the one and only Tromboncino.
    Have started to clear and prep a section of the garden ready to plant peas.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

plenty of weeds here – no shortage of them

SnagsSnags

Whats going to happen with the Tromboncino.
    They were everywhere in Sicily in the markets but never saw one eaten or cooked obviously a home recipe thing not a tourist restaurant thing

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

got people coming today, all those jobs I keep putting off, – are being done
    so I guess that’s a plus lol

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 1,696 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.