Aussies Living Simply

What did you do today?

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up What did you do today?

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 1,696 total)
  • Author
    LioraLiora
    Participant

Watering, watering and watering. Getting a bit over it.
    Ran out of deodorant, have been out for a while so I’ve attempted a natural homemade one. Seems ok, not too stinky for the mid arvo. I think it needs a longer trial though 😉

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

only worn home made for years Liora – no chemicals in this house

1/4 cup bicarb soda (baking soda)
    1/4 cup cornflour
    4 tablespoons organic virgin cold pressed coconut oil.
    10 drops essential oil (optional)

Mix
    all ingredients together until creamy. If the oil is solid it can be
    melted with heat to combine with the dry ingredients more readily. After
    your daily shower, just rub about a 5 cent piece sized amount of paste
    onto the armpit area. In hot weather, your deodorant will melt unless
    kept in a cool spot, 
    If it does melt, it won’t affect the quality, just give it a stir and
    pop it in the fridge until solid again

I haven’t used any essential oils though

not my creation though got it off the DTE forum

LioraLiora
    Participant

That’s super close to what I whipped up this morning! Except I used both olive oil and coconut oil and lavender and tea tree essential oils. By night I was still quite acceptable pong wise. Thanks for the tip to stir again if it melts. I have high expectations of it now you have said you have used it for years! I’ve always bought natural stuff but it’s expensive, not particularly good and it’s an hours drive away, of course I forget all the time to pick it up. This just makes it all a bit more simple.

SnagsSnags

coconut oil doesn’t go rancid as quickly as olive oil.

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

I won’t be doing much outside, it is going to be hot for the rest of the week. I am so over the heat. It will be back to helping / hindering DH build bookshelves.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

well new season today, so I’ve fed/watered the fruit trees – need to get a proper handle on this feeding/maintaining lark – eating fresh chemical free fruit is the goal after all 😉

wasn’t as bad here yesterday ballamara as it has been, not to bad today either – so far………….

LioraLiora
    Participant

So I should double the coconut oil and skip the olive oil? I’ll watch it carefully for funky bits and change for the next batch. Just watered again today, not much action but hoping to get a trailer load of alpaca poo once the weather is more conducive to shovelling.

SnagsSnags

It depends on how quick you use it, the temp its stored at and whether its in direct sunlight as how quick the olive oil will go off.
    The tea tree oil will probably stop bacterial growth too. Dont be too concerned your not eating it.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

sometime in the last couple of days, I have been bitten but either ant or spider?
    not used to pain – so I’m a bit of a wuss – right inbetween the toes or very near the little toe
    :(( – I do tend to walk around barefoot

SnagsSnags

A few days ago I went to put out this gorgeous christmasy type beetle inside the house it was a cuckoo wasp and it stung me on the finger.
    http://www.saveourwaterwaysnow.com.au/_dbase_upl/image051.jpg

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

It is very pretty, great photo.

We have just finished the watering before ti gets too hot.
    calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

snags. how’s the finger??
    currently trying to make some semblance of the mess my  back verandah is in, got people coming in a week, got to have it at least half way tidy
    wont take much to fill the bin this week

SnagsSnags

Fingers good, it didnt hurt much, just surprised me it could sting.A little spot of dry skin that will drop off in a few days

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

We have a week or so of hot weather descending upon us, I am well and truly over it. 

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I’m back desk top computer had a hissy and now is being looked at so now on the laptop.
    I’ll post some photos later (maybe Sunday) to show what I did this week 🙂

callie people are coming to see your garden and how you’ve been going since the permie blitz…….not coming to look at your house

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 1,696 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.