Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

What did you do today?

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up What did you do today?

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 1,696 total)
  • Author
    ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

I’ve been trying to find the correct green for a couple of weeks now…..close enough is going to have to do. Now I am making up the pattern as I go. The tricky bit is there is a black stripe under the arms and around the shoulders and of course the cap has to have holes in for his ears. I have managed to get the trousers and shoes done today.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

good on you for peservering ballamara

snags I have a friend who keeps bags in the car to pick up roadside slashings

SnagsSnags

Theres one bit of council land below me that if I had a truck would fill it every few months with elephant grass.
    Ive got some growing near my compost heap even through it,I just give it a whack with the whipper snipper and its no moving required .I love mulch.

SnagsSnags

Ran around the shops doing stuff spent all day going from on place to other filling forms and getting stuff we normally never have time to get when we actually shop

HumanFriendHumanFriend

I saw a bandicoot today outside my kitchen window, digging, at half past lunchtime! So exciting! Usually I only just glimpse them very early or very late.

AUSSIEDOWNUNDERAUSSIEDOWNUNDER
    Participant

Picked more tomatoes That freezer is going to be full and  wondered how I am going to stop the pumpkin from breaking the vine

you will se I put it in a bag a week ago and now its burst the bag

SnagsSnags

looking good you will need extra slings for the 1 kilo tomatoes next year

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, I am new here and enjoying looking around the site.

I have spent the morning dicing and grating zucchini and more zucchini…..there will be plenty in the freezer to use throughout winter. Lots of watering to do too, very hot and muggy, yuck!
    ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Hello and welcome Maggie2, Do you blanch the zucchini before freezing?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Ballamara thank you 🙂 No I don’t blanch the zucchini just dice or grate and put straight into sandwich bags and into the freezer. Sometimes it can be a bit watery once its been taken out of the freezer but it doesn’t seem to make any difference when using it in recipes.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

hi Maggie and welcome

trying to summon up the energy to do things outside, but it’s just to damn hot
    I have done some watering though
    got the permie club here in a fortnight so need to do some cleaning up, hope it cools down by then?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi calliecat and thank you:) 

Yes very hot here too,and nothing much else other than watering is getting done outside.
    I hope it does cool down for you in time for the permaculture club visit to your garden.
    Very much over summer!
    calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

I’m always over summer the first 2 days in lol

HumanFriendHumanFriend

I’m over it before it begins.

SnagsSnags

Summers not too bad here except for about 2 weeks when its Northerlys, sunny and humid.Rain and overcast and a nice south easterly are the norm.I dont like too much sun or humidity,which you would think is strange for someone who moved to Qld but I was reminded how much more I hated cold and dark and grey when I was in Melbourne for few months during winter.

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 1,696 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.