Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

What did you do today?

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up What did you do today?

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 1,696 total)
  • Author
    Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Squeak hasn’t any feathers cause the silly bugger pulled them out only has feathers on wings, head and tail.
    Yesterday my garden was looking very dry so I carted water to all the ones that were really stressed (which was all of them) carting 2 at a time I did 20 trips I was so hot and tired after that … so guess what happened ….. we got a light sprinkle of rain during the night.
    I need to find a way to stop the frogs getting into the seedlings, pots and gardens… they are getting in and digging out the plants so they can nuzzle down and soak in the moisture I’ve lost about 15 half grown tatsoi plants and heaps of newly planted seeds and seedlings.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

it’s raining

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

all of 2mm
    and it’s still stinking hot
    :-O

SnagsSnags

I running around butchering and cryovaccing and sweating.
    Its not pleasant.
    I would love some overcast cool days after a bit of rain again.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

OK so our day just didn’t go to plan…………………………………….when will we learn “NEVER PLAN ANYTHING”

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

the wind is getting up a bit here, – cooling down, so hopefully we’ll get some rain,
    well it’s nice outside

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

you can smell just a hint of rain in the air

eta and here it comes

HumanFriendHumanFriend

Watered, watered, watered. I’m so sick of watering. Our retic is stuffed so I have to do it all by hand. I’ve never really known any reticulation that is very good, though.

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

I know where you are HumanFriend, it takes a good 2 hours to water by hand here and that is just the treelings and the orchard. 

SnagsSnags

I only ever water my veg and the occasional tree if its looking real dry during the dry season.

HumanFriendHumanFriend

I’d like to do that, in fact I have some years, but my fruit trees lose their leaves entirely, and all the citrus curl up.
    But there are a few grey clouds around today!

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I haven’t done much today a little weeding this morning came in had a cuppa got a phone call from DSon not that he would have remembered came up on his fb but DH did remember all on his own…… now I wonder if he will cook for me tonight????
    Time seems to fly as you get older it seems like only last month that I got together with my school friends but it was a year ago and before that the last time I saw most of them was in 1971 even that didn’t seem that long ago.

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

I am still trying to knit grand sons teddy a cricket out fit in the”Melbourne Stars” colours no less. 

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

how long you been doing this ballamara??
    I have just woken from a 3hr nap – my goodness
    all I did was shovel sand from 3 containers into a bath tub, to get the containers out of the way, – that was the end of me lol – getting old

SnagsSnags

Neighbours block got mowed, so I raked all the grass cuttings into my garden beds and compost heap.
    The block is full of pinto beans so its good stuff.I was considering buying a lawn mower just to mow the block but its just as easy to rake after someone else pays for the petrol.I get about the grass from 3 blocks around me.
    The old lawn mower guy used to dump it all on the edge of my block for me.I used to collect heaps in Melbourne too, the local lawn mower guy would keep me well stocked

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 1,696 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.