Aussies Living Simply

What did you do today?

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up What did you do today?

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 1,696 total)
  • Author
    Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

callie you remember you gave me some marigold seeds a while ago …. well some have come up
    =D>

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

non of mine did, neither did the basil seeds I saved from previous crop 🙁

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Good morning calliecat :-h We have been watering very early this morning now it is time for breakfast.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

hi  back – I was up with the birds, but haven’t really ventured outside properly, except to pick some slverbeet for breakfast,
    I am so overloaded on food forest info, I can’t remember what I’ve read or where I read it –
    🙁 – so I’m just going to plant

SnagsSnags

I got up sparrows fart too
    So far watered the veg and set fire to the kitchen

Well the baking paper under my toasted tomato and cheese sandwich
    Went up in flames
    Spent the next 10 minutes getting the black smoke stains of the white stove.

Im looking forward to an afternoon nap

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

oh goodness, lucky there was no lasting damage
    I did giggle at your last comment though

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Why do weeds grow so well?? cause that’s what I’ve been doing weeding, weeding and more weeding.
    We got up early and DH continued with the storm cleanup, I fed the fish and got stuck into the weeds… then it was time to do the morning walk around check the gardens, check the pumpkins for female flowers, pick the zuchs before they turn into zepplins, pick the cape gooseberries so we had them for breakfast along with some apple slice I made last night… 8 cape gooseberries wasn’t going to be enough for the 2 of us…. soon off to have a nanna nap

BelBel

I mulched our orchard with a huge round bale of pea straw (with some help from 100+ chickens). I’m stuffed!

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

my geisha girl comes down tomorrow, as does my rose of sharon,
    both in the wrong spot, well I made the geisha girl in the wrong spot when I planted the apples, not fully realising at the time, I was just stoked that I found somewhere to plant them lol
    but the edge of that bed is too close to one of my raised beds, so that will be getting made smaller – very hard to walk through
    room for another guild 😉
    the rose of sharon is right up against the house, and is getting harder and harder to trim/lop
    so I’ll be needing some other kind of butterfly bushes

Eira ClaptonEira Clapton
    Participant

We are recovering from ten days away. Glad the garden survived pretty much, but the weeds are out of control. DH and I worked hard on on the front today, so it looks a bit more loved. 

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

I’m looking at swapping my trees around
    putting the apples where the
    orange is and visa versa, the more I think about it the happier I am, will be much better for the trees involved, better for the guilds, better for their growth and spreading of limbs – yes happy vegemite here, – don’t know why I didn’t think of it sooner
    they’ve only been in a month (apples) so they should be ok, the orange and been in for a few months now, and the madarine has been in a year
    fingers crossed

SnagsSnags

Is it easier to move the guild or is it more a space sun thing?

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

more of a space thing, and the way they grow, but will in turn make it easier for doing the guild – will leave the mandarin where it is, have changed my mind on that one, I can always buy a valencia for up the back

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

so callie is busy playing “musical fruit trees” LOL

I haven’t done much so far today fed the fish and moved some frog spawn.
    Did the morning walk around and picked some more cape gooseberries but they didn’t make into the house. The zuchs are being a pain they only have female flowers now so as soon as the flower drops off I pick them.
    I’ve worked out where I want to plant some trees but until the grass is cut I’m not going there it is up to my armpits in places… don’t know what might be hiding in there I don’t know who got the bigger fright the wallaby or me  LOL

fresvinogfresvinog

A lazy day for me…..

Just watched pirates of the Carribean movies… LOL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 1,696 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.