Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

What did you do today?

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up What did you do today?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,696 total)
  • Author
    Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

Gilian, let me know what you want your  profile name to be and I’ll see if I can change it for you.

Had to go to Wodonga today to pick up another couple of frost valves for our solar hot water system.  Damned things fail every flippin year and at a cost of $154 each (there are 2 of them) it’s getting bloody expensive!

Made moussaka for dinner with the last of the eggplant from this year.  Man, it’s good.

And I’m still editing my novel.  Thought I’d finished, but found a few holes that need patching.  Got hold of a piece of software that reads aloud in a fairly good voice (not sounding like a computer) and that’s helped me find so many things I’d missed.  Repeated words; missing words left out; overuse of names etc.  Very worthwhile.

Had 112 mm of rain in the gauge in the veg garden (several days worth) so won’t need to water anything for a while  🙂

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

We only had 15mm, so still no planting out. All my seedlings will have to stay where they are for the time being.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I haven’t done too much in the garden the past couple of days but DH went up the back paddock and collected the latest crop of floaters (rocks) about 2doz first time in ages he’s checked the fences and mown a fire break up there trying to make it 3m wide so a little more mowing and hopefully a few more floaters I use them for garden edging.
    This morning it was a white winter wonderland outside first serious minus temp this winter -4°, I had to wait for the camera to warm up before I could take any photos butook care of some of the weeds and finished off the zuchs.
    I’ve got to get off and do some weeding so come October I have somewhere to plant my vegies.

SnagsSnags

Dug the last of my post holes for now
    The vineyard,the free standing reo mesh for passion fruits and another for beans and vines,maybe grapes,also 4 metal posts for my shade cloth opera house car port

White out here too Judi B and have been making new dog coats as the bitch keeps eating them……………………she’s only 8 months old so hoping she will grow out of chewing everything in sight.

Yesterday went fishing and caught my first murry cod, was a good size but have some in the freezer I was given last week so released it to fight another day 🙂

KasaliaKasalia

Lady B can you cover you valve things with something to stop, the frost like fleece. Decided to prune the roses today bit eary, just lit the fire again so love love love sitting by it. Did some more painting of the verandah changing the colour completely. Easy day really resting shoulders from heavy painting days. Back into it tomorrow changing up the floor joists, 35 yrs old now. Getting a bit old to do all this now, when do you think know you are actually retired!!!!!!!!!

As carer for my dementia mum(dad died Feb) had a few odd days this week, for someone who said 20 yrs ago ( mum now 82) I will never live with you children as long as you take me out once a week, refuses to go anywhere, despite her mum and MIL moving into aged facilities and mum visiting regularly. I dont get it.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Did a bit more in the garden today ….. I don’t think the weeding will ever end.
    Mulched around the triffids, watered and fertilised them and the brocolli.

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Still on wood carting patrol here.

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

Beautiful day here today, so did all the washing.

And edited, edited, edited. 

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Yesterday was a bad day I just couldn’t get into anything ………. today it is a bit cool outside and it seems everytime I go out it starts to rain nothing heavy just annoying  but it makes it too cold, but I did get and cut some of the dead wood out of the carob, weeded a bit more garden, mulched a bit and put some woodchip on the paths.

KasaliaKasalia

Had that misty rain most of the day today, went to Spotlight to cash in a $40 voucher to get super expensive material to cover a chair, lowered it by $10 metre so reasonable now.Sewed for the grandchildren, lit the fire again, and relaxing now while dinner cooks on it. Feeling so self sufficient, garden veg, garden wood from a year ago, free warmth. All I need to do now is spin some wool from my cousin in Vic. Alpaca actually, but no, that’s pushin’ the self sufficient thing a bit tonight.

SnagsSnags

Fine tuned one hole and stood up all the posts after drilling holes in the metal ones for shade sail over the carport

KasaliaKasalia

Planted carrots, and picked snow peas, carrots, bok choy, broccolli,  cherry tomatoes, basil, for dinner with a new tuna patty recipe that had frozen peas and feta cheese in them. Super delicious even if I do say so myself.

Half and half rain most of day, chased those blasted bush turkeys, we are now up to 4.aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah caught one digging my perpetual leeks.

dentydogdentydog

Had a day at home due to a sick child, so got busy with some of my limes. Made lime biscuits, which were yummy and lime cheese cake (mini ones and a full size). Plus marinading some chicken in lime and black pepper to go in the slow cooker for tomorrows dinner.
    Let our new chooks, which are only young out of their small “safe” yard into the bigger chook pen for a run, which they enjoyed, although were found later in the afternoon having a nap back in their safe house, all worn out!
    ~:>

Raining today so have been baking biscuits…………………problem is, home baked biscuits are sooooo good and not good for the waistline.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,696 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.