Aussies Living Simply

What did you do today?

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up What did you do today?

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 1,696 total)
  • Author
    Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

We went to the country markets yesteday, ran into callie loaded up with plants I on the other hand only bought 1 cottage pink with a beautiful deep red flower.
    It was a long day yesterday tried to get out early but that wasn’t going to happen, we had to pick up a friend to take to the markets got there late all because the car wouldn’t start it gets that way when it is cold, tried to get the car started at the markets didn’t start right away so we took the friend home then we needed to go to Kingaroy, did the shopping came out and the car wouldn’t start we tried for quite a while ended up calling RACQ and he found one of the terminals on the battery was loose he tightened it up and car started right away turned off started again no problem needed to get petrol so over to there and the car wouldn’t start again  >:P so I got out and started to push it out of the way when a lovely man came and gave us a hand so we tried to start it again and it started so we came straight home and now the car is out the back where if it needs towing it will be easy to get to.
    This morning I did my morning walk around the garden the wrens now have 3 eggs, I found a baby jacky dragon as well as a larger one, most of the trees are showing new growth bring on the warmer weather
    =D>

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

got a great haul yesterday – including some bush tucker plants
    photos aren’t playing nice for some reason??

KasaliaKasalia

Off to take mum to mental health today, last of dr visits I hope, then this afternoon at dentist finally having this tooth out.Not feeling the best though, so tired.

AUSSIEDOWNUNDERAUSSIEDOWNUNDER
    Participant

Transplanted the strawberry seedlings [red, blue, black. ] from jiffy pots into larger pots with potting mix

Finished off the salami curing fridge  now I can control temp and humidity

KasaliaKasalia

Aussiedownunder: We have a curing fridge for cheese, haven’t made any salami yet even though have had all the spices for ages. John is of Italian background and as a child all the relatives got together and made heaps of them.

Participant

Great

Going to have a go at cheese soon any tips

Any good books to read

KasaliaKasalia

Greening of Gavin has an E cheesebook I love, with video tutorials, have a look at his Little Green Cheese blog.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

got lazy and bought a shadehouse, could easily have made one, and probably been a lot more sturdy, but I really couldn’t be bothered, so got one of those from mitre 10, with the 3 shelves on either side – they were on special,
    actually it’s a green house so the plastic is going, I have shadecloth already here

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

Participant

Integrated the mother hen and chickens with the older chooks

Sat with a hose and a strong water jet it soon sorted out the squabbles

Best of mates now

dentydogdentydog

continued my decluttering project, but did get out into the garden. I have been kind of banning myself from the garden to try and motivate me to get the decluttering done, and it is killing me as the weather has been perfect, but at least it will soon be done and then I can garden without guilt!!

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I tried to get the trellis up for the choko but everytime we got out there with the tools it started raining, I did get and weed some of the garden and put down some more mulch around the citrus.
    I’ve been putting the kitchen scraps in a trench in the garden and today I had to thin out the pumpkins that have sprouted.

porgeyporgey

New veg patch is coming along nicely , just waiting for the soil to warm a bit more before sowing to much. Apart from the watering system and six meters of concrete reo I’m trying to have very little bought inputs, working so far. Sowed 40 jiffy pots with various seeds so hoping they pop up when there ready. Hoping to photograph as much of the growing garden as I can this season especially pollination.

Does anyone have some peanuts I can plant, happy to swap for any seed you like?

KasaliaKasalia

Going to weed today if it stops raining. Planting zucchini and simba beans and bush pumpkins. Managed to pack up 2 boxes of old quilting stuff to send off to a charity that donates made quilts.

porgey. I grew peanuts but don’t have any seed, got eaten one night while drying them out, so never tried again. Was wondering if raw peanuts in the shell would work.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

out side, looking at the mowing I need to do

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 1,696 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.