Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

What did you do today?

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up What did you do today?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,681 through 1,695 (of 1,696 total)
  • Author
    calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

ok. it dawned on me to just click on the time of last posting lol, it worked

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

calliecat nice to see some of the oldies come back ….. I don’t like the way you have to navigate here I come look and have a bit of a read, but it is nowhere as good as it used to be.

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Maybe the navigation issues are keeping a lot of the oldies away? It is the strangest forum format that I have come across, I must say.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I had some spent mushroom compost delivered on 8th September and have been picking mushies since but today was a good haul 1kg of yummy mushies so tonight we had steak with mushroom gravy

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Bonus Judi B, compost and free mushrooms. I have never used mushroom compost myself as I thought it had the wrong PH for most plants not sure where that idea came from. What do you use it on and is it good for veggies?

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I’m using it in the vegie garden the soil here is crap and mushroom compost was cheap and the garden needs all the organic matter it can get and the mushrooms were a bonus. pH of mushroom compost is slightly acid to neutral I think.

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Our soil (and I use that word lightly) is also crap mostly rocks actually. I use sheep manure from under the shearing shed as it is really available from the farmer down the road. One for his youngsters get it out and sells it for $2 a large bag. I don’t know of any mushroom farms around here but I will try and hunt one down just to try it. Maybe I should grow my own mushrooms, now that is a thought. Has any one tried growing theirs?

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I bought a mushroom kit and got a handful of mushrooms I’m getting way more from the spent mushroom compost.

MistyHMistyH
    Participant

We use mushroom compost at times but I’ve never had any freebie mushrooms. I’ve never had any problems with using it on veggies tho we do tend to use sheep or cow manure more.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

judi b where did you get the mushroom compost from please and how much $$ for how much, does it come in bags? please

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

calliecat I posted on the permie and share pages about getting the spent mushroom compost, not sure if Kylie is coming over this way again but I have 3 spare bags @ $5 a bag.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

thanks Judi, didn’t see them

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

calliecat I have 3 spare bags if you want them let me know…
    still on mushrooms I was naughty and didn’t check on them since Friday morning and I just went out and found 6 the size of bread and butter plates …………… guess what we are having tonight???? LOL

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

thanks Judi, but other priorities at the moment 🙂

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

We’ve been having some nice rain and everything has gone from brown and crunchy to a green that hurts your eyes, the garden has really come to life with the asparagus waking up we had some last night yummy.
    We had to go to Brisbane last week for the BIL’s birthday was a big one he turned 70 so just had to go, he had his first ever Birthday cake we didn’t put candles on it would have been a fire risk LOL.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,681 through 1,695 (of 1,696 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.