Aussies Living Simply

What did you do today?

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up What did you do today?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,636 through 1,650 (of 1,696 total)
  • Author
    Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

I’ve been trying ever since Dan re-activated the site to get back, but haven’t been able to login, resets didn’t work, contact page doesn’t load, I couldn’t get Dan to reply to his personal email address that I had on file… All sorts of problems, so basically I gave up.

Then I get a link to Balamara’s post, so I had a read and it inspired me to try just one last time. Well, the password reset actually worked this time and here I am.

I never went to facebook, it’s a medium I loathe. Can’t find anything, people just blurt. I really hope that this time, ALS can remain active.

Now to go have a bo peep and see what’s happening.

Ooh, wonder if I’m still a moderator/admin.

Edited: I see I’m now called a ‘keymaster’.

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Hi Judy B good to see you again. It looks like I am no longer a Mod. just a participant…..now that is a bit of an insult.

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

Um… I’m not Judi B.

I’m currently up to my eyelids in eggplant, tomatoes, cucumbers and corn. Been making various relishes, chuntney etc. along with blanching and freezing corn cobs as well as whole kernels. I’ve frozen a stack of sliced, grilled eggplant and today will be moussaka day; the aim being to freeze several batches of it for quick and easy meals. Also made about 8 litres of a type of curry sauce that combines eggplant, pumpkin, lentils, onions and spices. That’s packed in ziplock bags in the freezer.

But I’ve still got way more eggplant than I can ever use. Anyone got any good eggplant recipes?

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

But I’ve still got way more eggplant than I can ever use. Anyone got any good eggplant recipes?

They are nice sliced and dipped in egg/bread crumbs and fried.
    http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/collections/eggplant-recipes some good ideas here.

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

Thanks, might try those.

Primarily I’m looking for recipes that I can freeze. I’ve got 19 eggplant to deal with right now and more coming.

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Sorry Lady B for the typo. Sometimes mt fingers seem to have a mind of their own.
    Can you tell me if this new format has smiley faces etc?

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

Sorry, I have no idea.

Perhaps we just need to use the old fashioned method.
    🙂 smile
    😀 laugh
    😉 wink

etc.

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

How do I get a photo from my info to my avatar lady bee?

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

Under the ‘LOGIN’ tab at the top, you’ll find ‘ACCOUNT’

That brings up your account details. Underneath your avatar, click on ‘View profile’
    On the right hand side, there’s a gear wheel, click on that, then click on ‘Edit Profile’
    Where your avatar is, there’s a camera looking icon, click on that. You get various options. Mine are ‘change photo’, ‘remove photo’ and ‘cancel’. Yours may be slightly different because you don’t have a photo there. Choose the most appropriate (in my chase it would be ‘change photo’)

That will bring up a window where you can upload a photo. Choose one from your computer, move the crop box till you’re happy with it and then click ‘apply’.

It should work, but sing out if you can’t figure it out.

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Thank you, thank you , thank you. Your instructions were spot on 🙂

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Let me introduce to my old girl (avatar) Anna she is getting on in years and is now blind and some what deaf after suffering a stroke.Other than that she is still full of beans.

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Hi Judy B and all the other folk how you are managing the effects of the floods up there.

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

I have a question to the “powers that be” can we up load photos ?

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

I don’t think you can upload them directly, but you can link to an online photo hosting site, such as imgur or similar.

If you’ve got a photo on one of those sites you can post the link as I’ve done below. (This one’s from photobucket)

[URL=http://s125.photobucket.com/user/barb1602/media/DSCN1595.jpg.html][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p74/barb1602/DSCN1595.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I have no idea whether this will show up in the post or if it will be a clickable link, so I’ll post this and find out. I shall let you know.

Edited: Well, that didn’t work, so lets try another way.
    This is the link using the “Direct” box on Photobucket

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p74/barb1602/DSCN1595.jpg

OK, so that second one gives you a clickable link which is probably the way to go until I figure anything else out or someone more knowledgeable than me steps in.

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

Mount Feathertop: Trying out the ‘HTML’ method.
    Mount Feathertop

Edited:

Oooh, that one worked. So, you need to copy the URL of the actual photo, then you hit the ‘img’ button above your reply box, paste the URL in, then a description and presto.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,636 through 1,650 (of 1,696 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.