Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

What did you do today?

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up What did you do today?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,606 through 1,620 (of 1,696 total)
  • Author
    Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Rain is magical stuff all the fruit trees have flowers even the plums that have fruit on them. Grass has turned a funny colour they tell me it’s green so long since we saw green grass I’d forgotten, weeds are easy to pull but I have to go out between showers to do it, I tried to plant a few trees yesterday I’d already prepped the holes during winter took out the spade to dig the holes but they were full of water so no trees planted but I did plant a passionfruit next to an old tree hope it grows.

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

I love the new web site, now I have to learn to use it

SteveSteve
    Keymaster

I’ve been impulse buying. I shouldn’t call into a nursery on a whim.

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Popping into a nursery is always a costly exercise Steve. Today will be spent mainly on watering and mulching. We are badly in need of rain here.

LioraLiora
    Participant

Woooo! I’ve just found the snazzy new look forum. I’m so glad it’s all up and running again 🙂
    Busy busy in the garden like everyone else. I’ll look forward to reading everyone’s updates once I work how the new layout works.

AUSSIEDOWNUNDERAUSSIEDOWNUNDER
    Participant

This new site takes a bit if getting used to
    Picking tomato asparagus
    Outside tomato are growing well

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

heloooooo 🙂 not sure where this will finish up lol

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

oh gosh this is weird lol,
    all psots are topsy turvye and dates, upside down, kind of
    well I have been busy, very busy, I pulled down my shadehouse, making it a tad bigger, incorporating a double bowl sink in there as well,
    my veg are in, I have huge frames over each one, for netting, my brassicas came out a treat after netting them, so I went the whole hog and went for broke, so now I am growing tomatoes that are not cherry lol, (fruit fly)
    I have romas in, I’ back in to preserving, so hopefully they’ll make some lovely sauces
    I also got fed up of having all these seeds gathering dust, we’ve had some great rain here in south burnett, so before it all started I just got all my pumpkin, melon seeds, lumped them all together and planted them where they could ramble, I also had a bulk bag of good bug mix so I scattered that to all four points of the compass, hopefully in a couple of months my garden will be full of – well all kinds of things 🙂

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Hello calliecat. I picked some broad beans and peas for tea tonight.

Eira ClaptonEira Clapton
    Participant

We have a week of warm weather coming up in Perth and so I am having to remember to water things again! Water well pots and wicking beds are now needed to be maintained properly, and we are thinking about putting some shade sails and shade covers over some of the beds. It is so nice to be warm again! Today I potted up some tomatoes and dianellas.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

ok, so how do I get to the last comment posted please, does anyone know??
    thanks
    I keep going back to 2015

eta, think I have it worked out?? – I need to click on page 1, not the one I expected to lol

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

[quote quote=590133]Hello calliecat. I picked some broad beans and peas for tea tonight.[/quote]
    hi :), love home grown broad beans,

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I cleaned/weeded the frog ponds and got over 40L of water plants to use as mulch and the bonus is I can now see some of the tadpoles and fish.
    The rain we had this month was great and all the plants are so happy pumkins growing up the fence, tromboncino and cucumbers flowering, the youngberry had fruit starting to plump up and the citrus are covered in flowers and bees.

Eira ClaptonEira Clapton
    Participant

The water regime is having to be stepped up here in Perth, as our temps climb into the low 30s and the rain seems gone for a while. My morning routine is now to check everything and hand water if necessary.

I am hovering around the mulberries, hoping for a ripe one soon!

My sorrel seems to be recovering, and I have plenty of seeds to sow.

Tomatoes and cucumbers are slow, though but the beans are going gang-busters.

I am also monitoring the grapevine, as I hope that we will have horizontal shade over the north facing pergola this year.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I went to the country markets yesterday and bought some more plants I still have heaps to plant but I find if I say I’ll get it next month the plants I was looking at aren’t there… I bought another fingerlime, dianthus as I love the perfume and a coreopsis solanna they look so nice and they are hardy.

I got out a bit late this morning to do the watering only did the water hungry things will get and do the rest this arvo. Picked 2 plums and 2 mulberries this morning but I forgot to check the pepino.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,606 through 1,620 (of 1,696 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.