Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

What did you do today?

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up What did you do today?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,531 through 1,545 (of 1,696 total)
  • Author
    Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I didn’t get to the worst part of the weeds before the wrens and they have a nest built where I really need to weed…… Oh well It can wait …
    Have started prepping holes for the fruit trees I’m planting out when the weather warms up.

SnagsSnags

Rained pretty well, last night lucky I cleaned the gutters….too wet to do any steps I will have a look tommorow

AUSSIEDOWNUNDERAUSSIEDOWNUNDER
    Participant

Took the yellow skin off 70 lemons [and 2 fingers ]
    To make limonchello
    Will mince the body’s and juice them today

SnagsSnags

Sounds good……………….raining here today having a quiet Bastille Day celebration,,,,Porc au prunes and raspberry tarts

SnagsSnags

More drizzly rain so not much outdoors today

LioraLiora
    Participant

How’s your fingers ADU? Weeding and broke the fork, handle rotted right through. Pfft. What can I make with lemons? A neighbour has a nice amount out on their nature strip for free. Lemon butter?

SnagsSnags

Im going down to get the neighbours lot in a few days heaps of passionfruit too,I was going to make pickled lemons and gelato and freeze some of the juice for later

AUSSIEDOWNUNDERAUSSIEDOWNUNDER
    Participant

Fingers tender but ok got about 8 litres juice and pulp freezing it in ice block moulds to use later

SnagsSnags

2 steps to go and Im at the front porch

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Back again, How is everyone?

SnagsSnags

Here,I got some big pots and a metal mesh support to put some tomatoes in…..I like to have them outside the back door up high on the balcony,easy to pick hard for pests to get too.

diannedianne
    Participant

Planted out my first fruit trees, some pawpaws. Now to hope the locals leave them alone.

SnagsSnags

Ive got one paw paw that keeps getting dug up I put it into some mulch and buried a whole lot of compost under it something has uprooted it twice already,dont know if it a brush turkey bandicoot or goanna

SnagsSnags

Saw the turkey this morning havent seen him for ages.,,,Still 2 steps to go Im taking a few days off…to play in the garden mulched heaps today

SnagsSnags

Planted tomatoes in new pots,worked out I have wilt in the old pots and parts of the garden so new dirt every year and a good scrub from now on

Viewing 15 posts - 1,531 through 1,545 (of 1,696 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.